Dis-Chem Ride For Sight 2017

GaryvdM

Until R4S sort out those ridiculous cones and solve the shorter loop rider issue, I won't be doing this race.

If you ride licensed, then the shorter loop riders don't interfere.

Can't comment on the cones though - that's a no-brainer.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me more about the cones issue, this will be my first long version of this race.

Best would be to ask if you can see any cones in the following picture? Answer should be "No".

http://content.bikeroar.com/system/article/000/072/200/original/cycling_pack.jpg?1354834698

About 1-2Km from the start, and before the finish, they have cones (about the height of your hubs) keeping cyclists on one side of the road, and traffic on the other.

In a bunch, it's impossible to spot.

The second problem was crossing from the "right" side of the road, across to the left. The cones are also in the way.

Edited by geraldm24

So is it best to stay left or right of the bunch? I don't think in H there would be many bunches though.

Last time they had us riding on the right of the road for the "exit" so basically the cones where on the left. BUT that means the right was literally in the gutter. My advice-be at the front. That is always easier said than done though.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Problem with this goodie bag is it makes me question all the others. I am usually not one that cares for a goodie bag. In fact there have been times I haven't even bothered taking it. Been a while since I have had one like this.

So is it best to stay left or right of the bunch? I don't think in H there would be many bunches though.

ride in the middle :whistling:

Problem with this goodie bag is it makes me question all the others. I am usually not one that cares for a goodie bag. In fact there have been times I haven't even bothered taking it. Been a while since I have had one like this.

I like it.