PPA Road Seeding Index

C1 Fracture

G = 1M  :whistling:

Did no other road races except last years Argus, the One Tonner and Double Century. 

I = 2G ?!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G = 1M  :whistling:

Did no other road races except last years Argus, the One Tonner and Double Century. 

They dont even use the DC as a seeding event as its seen to be not a true reflection of ability as its a team event... :(

Edited by Pure Savage

Don't tempt me - I actually have a day job too..

But I'm still waiting for someone to tell us the difference between @ and $...

@ and & you mean, well $ is empty to start, then all the proper pro teams let the office know they going to rock up, then some Euro teams and some MTBers. Then there are some invitees and a Savage then the best of the rest depending on seeding goes into $ from @ and &, then @ and & get reseeded into age groups, so you race for against age groups, not just time. (If you win the group you win your age group etc.)

They dont even use the DC as a seeding event as its seen to be not a true reflection of ability as its a team event...

Jip. My seeding after the One Tonner is G, and that is the only race they seeded me on. Quite sure my consistent 3:20 - 3:30 Arguse's might have played a role in my current seeding.

Hello Hubbers

I would like to know, if there is a PPA Road Seeding Index list available, which enables a rider to gauge how far he is from the next Eligibility (Group).

After my first seeding race, Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2016 - my seeding is as follows

Current Index - 68.81;

Group Min - Max = 66.00 - 72.00;

Eligibility = P.

I would like to know, Group Min - Max and Eligibility for higher seeding positions; that is O, N, M, L, K, etc ...

Thanks

It seems to change year to year as well, I went up 3 groups with same seeding index when ppa did renewals last year (june I think)

Current seeding is D 

Question: How do I maintain a good seeding if I live overseas and want to fly down and ride in PPA events? 

Edited by J∆kk∆ls

Current seeding is D 

Question: How do I maintain a good seeding if I live overseas and want to fly down and ride in PPA events? 

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/seeding-faq/

Q: I have a query around how my seeding was calculated. What must I do?

A: Please look at the next page to see how your seeding index was calculated. If, according to your calculations, a mistake has been made, then please email the PPA office, providing all the following information: – Your name and PPA membership number – Your ID number – Your new seeding, according to the database (eg 29.0045) – What you think your seeding should be, and why it should be different to that displayed on the database – Any additional supporting evidence (eg triathlon or tt or overseas results).

I'm in M - 50.5 to 55 is the range.

Site says using only one race - last year's Yzerfontein Cycle Experience to get this. Heavily penalised because it was last year.

Don't know why they took it off the website.

But perhaps if we can get a few people to post theirs we should be able to make up the list.

So far:

A 0 - 10

I 34 - 38

P 66 - 72

Maybe because you threatened to go through their numbers...there is a little bit of paranoia about when it comes to transparency.

Current seeding is D 

What events? It won't be a long holiday in the Cape.

Calling icycling, he will be impressed.

@ and & you mean, well $ is empty to start, then all the proper pro teams let the office know they going to rock up, then some Euro teams and some MTBers. Then there are some invitees and a Savage then the best of the rest depending on seeding goes into $ from @ and &, then @ and & get reseeded into age groups, so you race for against age groups, not just time. (If you win the group you win your age group etc.)

Saw a Savage out north near Montagu Gardens at lunch time doing some secret training.

Saw a Savage out north near Montagu Gardens at lunch time doing some secret training.

Thats probably one of the old ballies, he did a 400km Audax on the weekend!! Serious Diesel motor!!

Thats probably one of the old ballies, he did a 400km Audax on the weekend!! Serious Diesel motor!!

I saw

Like 400 plus over 19 hrs or something ????