C1 Fracture

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone

Thanks for the updates. Somehow, I don't get notifications to the comments posted.  I have requested a listing from PPA and received something that contradicts the online ratings as displayed when you query seeding...

See below,...

GROUP Group Min: Group Max:

A 0 8

B 8 13

C 13 16

D 16 19

E 19 21.5

F 21.5 24

G 24 27

H 27 31

I 31 35

J 35 39

K 39 43

L 43 47.5

M 47.5 52

N 52 57.5

O 57.5 63

P 63 69

Q 69 75

R 75 82

S 82 90

T 90 100

U 100 112

V 112 127

X 127 170

Y-Z 170 250

I will continue a new discussion on the Beta values assigned by RaceTec. I would like to understand the "algorithm" better...  :clap:

Edited by C1 Fracture

Yip! Im seeded A group in both road and mtb based on 1 of the stages in W2W. Not complaining but I surely don't belong in A group on the road

Yip! Im seeded A group in both road and mtb based on 1 of the stages in W2W. Not complaining but I surely don't belong in A group on the road

I'm the reverse

Or maybe I can sit on Platt's wheel down that singletrack ????

I'm the reverse

Or maybe I can sit on Platt's wheel down that singletrack

Most PPA mtb funrides (not all) are dirtroadie races anyway so you'll be fine  ^_^

Maybe because you threatened to go through their numbers...there is a little bit of paranoia about when it comes to transparency.

Current Index: 18.93

Group Minimum:18

Group Maximum: 21

Eligibility: D

16.61   15.00   18.00    C

Most PPA mtb funrides (not all) are dirtroadie races anyway so you'll be fine ^_^

Oh okay

I'm okay on the ups

Just my gap jumps and drifting that needs some work ????

• 1 year later...

anyone notice a change in their ppa seeding numbers?

i noticed that my west coast express and CS #5 seedings has improved  :thumbup:  but my knysna cycle tour (which is a lot harder than those two) seeding is now crappier.  they've been fudging around with finish times and betas...

anyone notice a change in their ppa seeding numbers?

i noticed that my west coast express and CS #5 seedings has improved  :thumbup:  but my knysna cycle tour (which is a lot harder than those two) seeding is now crappier.  they've been fudging around with finish times and betas...

Could it be that there were a number of discrepancies in certain of the riders that were fixed, which then impacted on the Beta?  

no didn't notice. I only worry about it when the CTCT comes around

i like to check in early, just to make sure how hard i need to go for the next few races or if i can just hide in the pack.

• 4 months later...

seems like a good enough thread for this.

using the excellent donkey work done on the CTCT 2019 by Ryan here

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/178341-event-cape-town-cycle-tour-2019/?p=3473373

I had a look see at some guys who got shot out the back of their group.

post-1830-0-68841000-1552558065_thumb.jpg

The 2019 event was a toughie for some, but I think it would be a tough time for someone who has cooked their seeding to stick in a bunch that they clearly don't belong in. The chance of course exists that they just went for a cruise on sunday and waited for friends or whatever.

people could have an inflated seeding for a few reasons:

*they cheated in a race

*a mistake on the seeding system

These people are now quite easy to identify. I won't publish their names, but all the data is publicly available.

starting from the bottom we have an elderly guy in &

post-1830-0-85590700-1552558401_thumb.png

I'm not sure what the requirements are to get into this Vets group(buy a racing licence?), but his best ever event was last year at the knysna mtb (medium route). A guy who has never done the CTCT in quicker than 5 hours was able to ride a 50km mtb course at an average speed of 23kmh? I'm going with ebike.

next up is a guy who also does a 5hr+ 2018 CTCT, and finds himself in 1D. he also has a career of finishes very low down the field, but seems to have done relatively well at the wolsely MTB event twice

post-1830-0-19715800-1552559189_thumb.png

finally we have a dude in 2B who just beat 6 hours in the perfect conditions of 2018. he just manages to beat the timecut this year. I think his decent seeding comes from a race he did on a tandem (so not really his fault)

post-1830-0-03216700-1552559309_thumb.png

Edited by juan pelota

I had a look see at some guys who got shot out the back of their group.

The 2019 event was a toughie for some, but I think it would be a tough time for someone who has cooked their seeding to stick in a bunch that they clearly don't belong in. The chance of course exists that they just went for a cruise on sunday and waited for friends or whatever.

people could have an inflated seeding for a few reasons:

*they cheated in a race

*a mistake on the seeding system

These people are now quite easy to identify. I won't publish their names, but all the data is publicly available.

I was one of the guys who got shot out the back of my group... Stuck with them until just after Muizenberg then I got caught behind a crash and watched them disappearing into the distance/wind.

Spending 20 minutes sitting at the picnic spot on Chappies waiting for a bike marshal after puncturing all my spares and using all my CO2 bombs didn't help my time either  :P (although I did take almost 1 minute off my PB up Suikerbossie... Benefits of being well rested)