Video: World record speed in downhill mountain biking

News bot

Why would someone travel over 11,000 kilometres from his home in Austria to the Atacama region in Chile just to career down a mountain on a bike? For a world record, of course! 42-year-old Austrian downhill biking expert Max Stöckl achieved just that by cycling down the gravel on his standard mountain bike after years of preparing for the feat. His V-Max project came to fruition with a speed of 167,6 km/h being recorded around midday on 13 December 2016 on the 1200-metre long slope. His six-person team took some spectacular images back home along with their pride at creating a new world record.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, maybe if his front wheel was running true he could have gone faster?

still an awesome achievement though. frikken maniac.

Was this not done by Erik ( something ) Baron ? 

And on many mountains  but then he had that really bad crash?

Well done to this chap tho 

don't quite see the point of this....but hey well done!

Looks like lots of room for improvement  (disk wheels, skinny handlebars, no drivetrain etc etc)

umm why did he fall over at the end ?

I've done that before after a hectic run.

Just to breath and collect myself while i reflect on what a close call that was jumping off the pavement.

Edited by popcorn_skollie

Why would someone travel over 11,000 kilometres from his home in Austria to the Atacama region in Chile just to career down a mountain on a bike? For a world record, of course! 42-year-old Austrian downhill biking expert Max Stöckl achieved just that by cycling down the gravel on his standard mountain bike after years of preparing for the feat. His V-Max project came to fruition with a speed of 167,6 km/h being recorded around midday on 13 December 2016 on the 1200-metre long slope. His six-person team took some spectacular images back home along with their pride at creating a new world record.

Click here to view the article

mmmm....... 

post-59319-0-15468400-1486645362_thumb.jpg