The Return of the ST-R 29 Hardtail? Steel Is Real!

henningvr

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be mine. :wacko: :wacko: :oops:

you will note it was the same fork I was jumping in my avatar.

over cooked the big jump at virgin active on the Spruit and that's what cracked it, unknown to me.

I then proceeded to ride it hard for 4 month and broke it jumping a ditch the day before 94.7.

Not the forks faults, purely my fat ass using it in a method it was not intended for.

attachicon.gifIMG_1622.jpg

Ouch. Thanks for that. I will continue to look for a rock shox

Ouch. Thanks for that. I will continue to look for a rock shox

When you see the video you might change your mind.... that was one awesome knock it took and survived...

When you see the video you might change your mind.... that was one awesome knock it took and survived...

Yeah, but I have my reservations about these carbon rigid forks. Not sure how it compares to a BMX fork though 

Yeah, but I have my reservations about these carbon rigid forks. Not sure how it compares to a BMX fork though

I have no reservations about mine after about 20k km of beating on it, it still good... and light too... for a commuter bike they will be perfect

Told you so... It was a sixer fork, wasn't it? :P

Nope.. It was a 29er fork with an A-C of 470mm mos. Frame was designed around 498mm A-C. I'm not sure what the A-C of the new fork is (estimated it to be between 495mm to 505mm, by means of "visual" measurement. Also known as a "skat".)

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

I know, and you know of someone who would be interested in your old 26'er rigid fork :P

I do? I think I don't..... lol I would actually be very keen on swapping it for a similar valued 26inch air fork with straight steerer. My dad wants a bike, so building something for him. Was gonna use the on One.. but he is probably only going to use it to go around the block very now and then.

I do? I think I don't..... lol I would actually be very keen on swapping it for a similar valued 26inch air fork with straight steerer. My dad wants a bike, so building something for him. Was gonna use the on One.. but he is probably only going to use it to go around the block very now and then.

were you not selling wheels off a old red goose frame and on that frame was a rigid fork ... sent someone your way to see if he could wangle it out from you as he is looking for a rigid fork for his commuter

were you not selling wheels off a old red goose frame and on that frame was a rigid fork ... sent someone your way to see if he could wangle it out from you as he is looking for a rigid fork for his commuter

Thanks....

Yes I was, then my dad said "just build me that frame up for me my boy!" And I was like... "dad I'm selling everything". So then said "don't sell anything anymore".

Your buddy did approach me I think. But he backed down during he negotiation phase.. soo...

[emoji4] [emoji12]

Edited by TAAHIRWP