The Return of the ST-R 29 Hardtail? Steel Is Real!

henningvr

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

. A Revelation would do it far more justice in my book

almost exactly what I wanted to do with my V1.

Take off the rigid and use a Fox Float CTD Evolution I got off my old Camber... but it doesn't fit :mellow: 

REALLY looking forward to this new one. it's a great frame, but I partly agree with the Nerd... needed some improvement on minor things.

Henning's the man to chat to to get real feedback on the any improvements... he rides his V1 silly in that flat place called Waterval Boven ^_^ 

Hi "Blurred Out for Security Reasons",

this is a new project for us - we are gauging response and hope to have enough interest to be able to place a small first order for June 2017 delivery. Retail around R5995 incl VAT.

Regards,
Victor

Also, looks like there might be more than one model.

He's building a commuter to replace his existing one. Daily use on some tarmac, jeep track and some short single track between where he lives and where he works. So yes. A rigid is ideal. Except he started chasing koms during his commute... Snapped his frame hanger and destroyed his derailleur. I know him. He's gonna ride that thing the same way he does his AM bike. At some point he will forget he has no suspension and push that fork within an inch of its life. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the fork will hold up.

Its just such a stunning frame to own. A Revelation would do it far more justice in my book, or if a decent 120mm Reba popped up I would opt for that over the rigid. Build the bike up so that when he wakes up on a Sunday morning for some proper shredding. He might just opt to take to Momsen instead.

Hahaha!!

I don't think I should post to this thread at all, looks like Popcorn Skollie has it covered.[emoji4]

Edited by TAAHIRWP

He's building a commuter to replace his existing one. Daily use on some tarmac, jeep track and some short single track between where he lives and where he works. So yes. A rigid is ideal. Except he started chasing koms during his commute... Snapped his frame hanger and destroyed his derailleur. I know him. He's gonna ride that thing the same way he does his AM bike. At some point he will forget he has no suspension and push that fork within an inch of its life. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the fork will hold up.

Its just such a stunning frame to own. A Revelation would do it far more justice in my book, or if a decent 120mm Reba popped up I would opt for that over the rigid. Build the bike up so that when he wakes up on a Sunday morning for some proper shredding. He might just opt to take to Momsen instead.

A rigid fork won't slow him down... as long as it's a decent make it will be strong enough to take a tough commute...

There are some pictures of a badly landed rigid here somewhere... ask Rouxtjie...

Xs frame please? So I can build the missus a steel bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a small frame spare - how tall is she?

Hi Guys

Note the response I got from Momsen when I made some enquirers around the new ST-R frames:

We have a new 2018 version in the works - we are hoping to have stock for sale around July / August 2017. Pricing around R 5995 incl Vat Retail.

Pls keep an eye out on our social media platforms for photos and details.

We have some prototypes that are being field tested

Exciting stuff!!

Xs frame please? So I can build the missus a steel bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cotic do the Soul in XS. Great frame. They also do the Escapade in that size if u ever something along those lines for your wife.