[Event] Momentum Health Attakwas MTB, Presented By Biogen

Dryland Event Management

Yeah, I couldn't see anything online, until the results of the pros finishing a while ago.

Great to see Matthys Beukes flying the flag for RSA :) And our local pros did really well in general.

Arianne is still kicking butt!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was a real tester, karoo heat and dust, rain, mud, slides and headwinds. Big thumbs up for everyone whom completed the Atta.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by BSG

This atta was lekka tough, hope you all survived and finished, managed to fall twice. Haven't touched my bike since, still full of mud, too scared to wash it, think the mud is holding some parts together. Thanks BSG for all the updates and the ATTA waterpoints were great!!

Having done a few Attas this was the one to humble me!

Having a sub 7 in my head and knowing it was wet i thought it might be my day.

started in B

Got a flat at 9km, 

took 2 tyres and 2 bombs with me.....

min het ek geweet wat voorle

tried to bomb te tyre, that where i broke the inner in the actau valva, a mate stopped and helped me, we spend a long time here, a rider stops and give me a valve, eventually 2 bombs later and a new valve and im on my way,

Now its to pass the masses because im right at the back, my aim was to obviously start in the front and ride constant ,, but now it was yo-yo riding trying to pas.

I must say guys were great , i asked nicely and they would give way,, during the race guys would be great making space, only one D^*6 who chirped something like-well you obviously started in the wrong batch

so im riding and my seatpost that i replaced in the week come loose ..stop for that and fix it,,my new valve also leaks now,, stop again,bomb the leak,, still leaks  and put a tube in with a bomb from a rider

Tyre pressure is a bit low but i dont have more gas, on the main decent after King of the mountain i snakebite the flattish tyre., stop new and last tube, bomb from a fellow rider and of i go, my biocentric  bb somehow come loose now and my chain is slack, i would have another 7 stops to get my chain back on, the rest of the ride was good

Had some nice chats along the way.

walked way too much this year but i knew my race and my time was over at 9km

just want to sat thanks for the , 6guys who gave me bombs and the oke who gave me a valve without you it wouldnt be possible to finish my 6th Atta

I would like to buy you guys a beer at a future event so plz get in touch with me

Some pics of my support along the way and my circus dog

post-25947-0-22734100-1516609441_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-21489100-1516609451_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-28742100-1516609466_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-63914600-1516609475_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-81826400-1516609484_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-93680400-1516609494_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-87879600-1516609519_thumb.jpg

post-25947-0-26126900-1516609814_thumb.jpg

Edited by tunariaan

Anybody else noticed Erik Kleynhans in black only kit? Does he not have a sponsor this year or is his kit just late?

Anybody else noticed Erik Kleynhans in black only kit? Does he not have a sponsor this year or is his kit just late?

apparently they are waiting for "new kit" but whats wrong with the old kit? Probably sponsor obligations or a maybe a sour deal somewhere.

Plain/neutral kit until new kit arrives with new sponsor branding. Plus he's stepping up into a team management role. 

Good to see that kind of experience being carried forward.

Plain/neutral kit until new kit arrives with new sponsor branding. Plus he's stepping up into a team management role. 

Good to see that kind of experience being carried forward.

Who is he riding for this year? - Last year on the Stilbaai race his strava said "Last race of the year and for Topeak Ergon"

I was wondering if this means last race for Topeak Ergon or just last race for Topeak Ergon that year...

Who is he riding for this year? - Last year on the Stilbaai race his strava said "Last race of the year and for Topeak Ergon"

I was wondering if this means last race for Topeak Ergon or just last race for Topeak Ergon that year...

he's twitface, as said above said he's part of the management team.

so probably meant last race as a rider

This atta was lekka tough, hope you all survived and finished, managed to fall twice. Haven't touched my bike since, still full of mud, too scared to wash it, think the mud is holding some parts together. Thanks BSG for all the updates and the ATTA waterpoints were great!!

Since I have to work and help to make sure that everything is [emoji817]% when you chaps and chapalinas arrive and me not able to ride, weather updates is all I can give [emoji6]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk