Anyone using Zwift?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did ZA WO #4 last night. Between workouts 1, 2 and 4, this was the easiest. 1 min all out effort, then 30s, 45s and 60s effort sprinkled in-between.

6 min Z3 effort at the end. 

I did the ZA Race#2 this morning. Saw it was only 23-odd km but started at 04:00.  Naive me wondered what the hell I was going to do from 05:00 when I finished to 06:00 when I leave for work.  Holy-crap.  At 10km to go, I was already at 05:15 and going up the hill at 10kph.....I almost threw in the towel.

22.9km, 1196m of climbing.  I felt like I was bleeding out of my eyeballs.

One more Group ride to go though and I am done with this ZA nonsense!

I did the ZA Race#2 this morning. Saw it was only 23-odd km but started at 04:00.  Naive me wondered what the hell I was going to do from 05:00 when I finished to 06:00 when I leave for work.  Holy-crap.  At 10km to go, I was already at 05:15 and going up the hill at 10kph.....I almost threw in the towel.

22.9km, 1196m of climbing.  I felt like I was bleeding out of my eyeballs.

One more Group ride to go though and I am done with this ZA nonsense!

Nice! Please post a pic of the Canyon bike you get for completing ZA

TBH I'm more hoping they give you some sort of summary at the end, of how you performed - the workouts keep saying they are doing this set to see how you react here and that set to see how you react there so hopefully there is something.

I'm quite happy with my Giant TCR - I just want those BORA wheels - I rode a bike IRL once which had them, and I've always lusted after a pair.  But they are beyond affordable now I'm afraid so a virtual pair will have to do!

TBH I'm more hoping they give you some sort of summary at the end, of how you performed - the workouts keep saying they are doing this set to see how you react here and that set to see how you react there so hopefully there is something.

They do it in Today's Plan. Or are you referring to something else?

On Today's Plan your stats are compared to all the other riders on Zwift during the ZA. There's also a graph that show your personal strengths and weaknesses.. That's why you get the one month free subscription with Today's Plan when you sign up for the ZA.

Edit: Like this - 

post-119556-0-52577700-1603446537_thumb.jpg

PS. I haven't done the ZA workouts, only did a few Team TT events this month, so my stats looks a bit scewed, your stats would look a bit different than this if you put in a few peak power or sprint efforts.

Edited by JohanDiv

They do it in Today's Plan. Or are you referring to something else?

On Today's Plan your stats are compared to all the other riders on Zwift during the ZA. There's also a graph that show your personal strengths and weaknesses.. That's why you get the one month free subscription with Today's Plan when you sign up for the ZA.

Edit: Like this - 

attachicon.gifToday's Plan.jpg

PS. I haven't done the ZA workouts, only did a few Team TT events this month, so my stats looks a bit scewed, your stats would look a bit different than this if you put in a few peak power or sprint efforts.

Jaaaa - apparently I never saw that option when i signed up - so now none of my data has imported into Todays Plan.  Oh well.  Bugger

Jaaaa - apparently I never saw that option when i signed up - so now none of my data has imported into Todays Plan.  Oh well.  Bugger

I don't think you have to select an option to get it? I could be wrong, I did it last year with the Zwift Academy 2019 and can't remember what I did to sign up. Then they automatically gave me access again this month when I signed up for the 2020 ZA.

Did you do all the linking and permissions required between Today's Plan and Strava so it can pull your activities from Strava?

Did WO #3 yesterday morning early, man, what a mistake! 

Wasn't a big TSS ride, but a 4 minute all out effort, plus 4 x 2 minutes at what felt like 115% FTP, I felt quite dizzy at the end. Almost pulled the plug but managed somehow to muscle through.

Second toughest workout, so far. 4 down, 4 to go. Award with socks and a casquette. 

Edited by mecheng89

BTW, who has seen the W2W challenge next weekend, I think on the 1st November? I think the route is Road to Ruins. Amateur and pro categories. 

I was wondering how you guys keep cool in your pain caves...

Really been struggling lately with 2 fans on full tilt!

Is it worth biting the bullet and getting a split system aircon installed? 

BTW, who has seen the W2W challenge next weekend, I think on the 1st November? I think the route is Road to Ruins. Amateur and pro categories. 

Amateur and pro cats... so that the pro's chase the amateur. You have to beat them to the finish-line, like the Cancellara chase.

I think most of the female pro's will pass me before halfway, since it seems they only start 5 mins behind!  :blush:

I was wondering how you guys keep cool in your pain caves...

Really been struggling lately with 2 fans on full tilt!

Is it worth biting the bullet and getting a split system aircon installed? 

I was ok until the last few weeks. We have a 40-something cm floor fan, and a pedestal fan (one of those with the mist function). Usually I only have the floor fan on myself (on 1 or 2), as my wife uses the pedestal one when she's riding at the same time.

With the heat the last two weeks (Saturday evening was 28 degrees, inside, at half past 7pm), riding any time other than in the morning before work is not so much fun, so considering my options for extra cooling. I'm considering one of those Midea or similar portable aircons for now, at least then we can move it to the bedroom or study as needed.

I was ok until the last few weeks. We have a 40-something cm floor fan, and a pedestal fan (one of those with the mist function). Usually I only have the floor fan on myself (on 1 or 2), as my wife uses the pedestal one when she's riding at the same time.

With the heat the last two weeks (Saturday evening was 28 degrees, inside, at half past 7pm), riding any time other than in the morning before work is not so much fun, so considering my options for extra cooling. I'm considering one of those Midea or similar portable aircons for now, at least then we can move it to the bedroom or study as needed.

At least I know that I'm not the only one taking strain!

Was also considering a portable unit... I've just read mixed reviews on them so not sure if it's worth trying.

At least I know that I'm not the only one taking strain!

Was also considering a portable unit... I've just read mixed reviews on them so not sure if it's worth trying.

I have a split unit in the pain cave and a portable one in the bedroom.

Couple of observations.

Portable one is hella noisy, whereas the split unit is less noisy than a fan.

Both can chow through electricity if left on for extended periods.

The portable one is still heavy and you need to sort out the "hot" pipe every time you put it in a new location.

Try to select your pain cave to reduce the size, then pre-cool the room before the ride, then you should be in ideal circumstances if you add an additional fan, seeing that all the air in the room is now nice and cool. Trying to keep cool with just the aircon blowing on you in a predominantly "hot" room is not really going to make there most of your resources.

Riding early before work remains the most comfortable, but the aircon is a good option if you can't.

I have a split unit in the pain cave and a portable one in the bedroom.

Couple of observations.

Portable one is hella noisy, whereas the split unit is less noisy than a fan.

Both can chow through electricity if left on for extended periods.

The portable one is still heavy and you need to sort out the "hot" pipe every time you put it in a new location.

Try to select your pain cave to reduce the size, then pre-cool the room before the ride, then you should be in ideal circumstances if you add an additional fan, seeing that all the air in the room is now nice and cool. Trying to keep cool with just the aircon blowing on you in a predominantly "hot" room is not really going to make there most of your resources.

Riding early before work remains the most comfortable, but the aircon is a good option if you can't.

I helped my folks installed their portable a few years ago. This very thing alone will make me never get a portable AC.