Anyone using Zwift?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So did workout #2 last night. Man, I had sprint power when I first started riding, but this workout took an awful amount of effort. And then the 20 second sprint?! FML!

Difficult to compare it to workout #1, it's a different kind of pain. The TTS points differ wildly, but the eina-ness is still high.

So did workout #2 last night. Man, I had sprint power when I first started riding, but this workout took an awful amount of effort. And then the 20 second sprint?! FML!

Difficult to compare it to workout #1, it's a different kind of pain. The TTS points differ wildly, but the eina-ness is still high.

Hmm, I found Workout 2 much easier than the first, probably because the rest periods between the sprints are so long.

Hold up. Am I supposed to be doing these in order?

Nope, any order will do.

But guys tend to do them in order, so if you chat with others about it there will just be somewhat of a disconnect...

Hold up. Am I supposed to be doing these in order?

You can warn us about the suffering that still awaits us ;)

Haha well there is a 4 minute all out effort in workout 3 that was particularly spicy. Enjoy

Ok, I'll be the bearer of bad news.  Workout 7 - don't eat before because it's coming right back out if you do.....

Ok, I'll be the bearer of bad news.  Workout 7 - don't eat before because it's coming right back out if you do.....

You're on 7 already?! Eager beaver!!

post-63970-0-14768900-1602767170_thumb.png

You weren't joking, that looks terrifying  :eek:  :nuke:  :excl:

You're on 7 already?! Eager beaver!!

It's actually helped having a bit of structure - I was floating along without a goal so decided to get stuck in to ZA.  I'm actually enjoying them.  Well apart from last night.  That last 4min ramp was unpleasant to say the least

We also do the WTRL TTT's every Thursday night which have become a tradition now.  Race for 3 weeks, do the Director Sportif thing for 2, then race 3 weeks again - otherwise it gets a bit much

We also do the WTRL TTT's every Thursday night which have become a tradition now.  Race for 3 weeks, do the Director Sportif thing for 2, then race 3 weeks again - otherwise it gets a bit much

This looks pretty cool, you got space on your team?

Workout 3 looks more what I like. 

"We all know the feeling when we tackle the Volcano KOM at a FULL GAS or follow an attack on Box Hill– our heart rate surges with breathing rate close to maximum. Today's workout tests how deep you can go for 4min, followed by how well you can recover from such efforts."

That part is currently my achilles heel. Take last night's race - one good effort at the start, 4m38 in Z5... and the most of the rest of the race spent in Z3, and yet my HR rarely coming below 170bpm.

Sigh! I see plenty of painful 30/30 intervals in my future