Bike damaged after receiving it back from the LBS

Heel Drop

thanks the shop is sending it there to get it fixed - what I wonder about is how it manage to get on the fork as it was not light scratches and the whole length of the fork on the one side

CBR does great repair work.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 shops that work on my bike. A LBS for regular services and non-proprietary work and a concept store that works on the proprietary matters and deals with warrantee issues if any arise. I have no need to note damage to my bike with these shops as there is a good trust relationship between me and these shops. Besides, its a mountain bike. If it does not have scratches and wear and tear on it, I'm probably riding it like a wuss. In 10 years of mountain biking I don't recall having to rant publicly once to get a matter sorted. A phone call or chat to the owner have always resolved issues for me.

The bike shop was not at all resistant to fixing the problem so I think its fair to say they came to the party - that is good service and I appreciate that

The Shop is Tygerberg Cycles - Mike was great in responding to the damage  issue

For the 3times back let me comment on that once I get it back and test it

lol. 

i took a brand new bike (totally unused) to have my power crank fitted once.

got it back with a 3cm by 1cm chip clean out the paint.

shop told me it came in that way. when i informed them that i had not even ridden the bike yet they quickly changed their tune.

have never been back to that shop.

The bike shop was not at all resistant to fixing the problem so I think its fair to say they came to the party - that is good service and I appreciate that

The Shop is Tygerberg Cycles - Mike was great in responding to the damage  issue

For the 3times back let me comment on that once I get it back and test it

The damage is quite severe, why did they not mention it when you came to collect the bike?

I honestly wouldn't appreciate that or call it good service.

The damage is quite severe, why did they not mention it when you came to collect the bike?

well that is an interesting point - the reality is the bike did get damaged somewhere but the culprit is either known or unknown and the situation that caused it may or may not be known to the LBS. I cannot say that I am happy about how this transpired , but I will also leave it at that as they are willing to fix it or next level take it to trail with Barry ( but his expensive) maybe he can get to the BOTTOM of the mystery

this can happen to anyone at any shop and the fact  remain nothing in place at any shop to protect the shop or the consumer - Idd say just go through the bike when booking it in - note down any damage both agree sign and leave ALL HAPPY no issues

Some additional facts I (not intentionally) left out

Mike did offer me a loan fork or bike untill it gets fixed which I appreciate ( as I said he was very helpful)

I also understand that some issues cannot be determined the first or second time and I think that is part of the frustration as a bike owner

After the second time the shop did not charge me and did a free wash and lube on the bike - appreciated

Just to throw this thread on its side. How sure are you guys that your bike has not been take out for an awesome spin courtesy of your LBS. NO not a test ride, but shredding an mtb on a nearby trail for example? With the amount of damage some peoples bikes get...........

Just to throw this thread on its side. How sure are you guys that your bike has not been take out for an awesome spin courtesy of your LBS. NO not a test ride, but shredding an mtb on a nearby trail for example? With the amount of damage some peoples bikes get...........

Cos my bike is big and the LBS guys are little!

Honestly though you never know. The one time I have had an issue with chipped paintwork it was sorted out no problems. Granted I pointed it out at the shop when collecting, not 3 weeks later like some ranters have (not in this thread though).

The technician or oke cleaning the bikes has done this and would keep quiet for obvious reasons hoping the owner doesn't notice. Bit unfair to say it's not good service from the shop based on one individual who doesn't want to get himself any trouble. The way the owner is fixing the problem is what I would call good service. **** happens everyday in every industry. It's how it's solved is what counts

EDIT: Comment removed as no longer relevant due to other comments being removed.

Edited by BigTom

You sound like a kiff oke, indirectly threatening people (you gonna come round aye) and calling people tossers. Seriously, boet, take a look at yourself and as someone else said, calm your mammaries.

Correct . Straight to name calling and being a tough cookie???? There was another clown on here that got a rep for the same threats , you'll find he isn't around here anymore . Really , on a forum, when people are arguing a point , jump straight into verbal abuse , calling people names and then getting all Bruce lee when they talk back to you???? Must be a real legend

Must say, I might have missed some of the comments which was trying to passive aggressively inferred a rant, but I did not think the OP was a ranting and raving, he asked a question from the community as trying to get a view if he was being unreasonable in his expectations of how LBS should operate.  Which is why he probably did not initially want to name and shame, as he did not yet have all the facts.

PS.. if it was cwc it would have been safer not to mention their name  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  else this would have gone downwards :nuke:  VERY fast with the fan boys

Shop came back and are fixing it - back to happy  good outcome

Qeustion remain about noting damage prior to booking it in on the job card - it seems like this is not common practise

this was resolved in 7 minutes, only enough time to start a thread!