20km = 12 years

14km = 8 years

Go to Event Page

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the race, so far the weather is looking good (25o) for the Sunday, with maybe a bit of drip and a drop on the sat

post-38519-0-48777700-1488173558_thumb.gif

Looks like we're in for a muddy Sunday. I'll do my racing on Saturday in the 30km and Sunday will just be a wet funride. 

It's close to home for me, so no reason not to. Spoke with Meurant on Saturday and he says everything is ready, they are making a slight change on the 55KM which should make it a tad easier. 

It's close to home for me, so no reason not to. Spoke with Meurant on Saturday and he says everything is ready, they are making a slight change on the 55KM which should make it a tad easier. 

Easier. Hmmm, in that case, I should be able to achieve my first sub 3 CTCT ;)

Must say that this thread is very quiet, you might just start to think that the CTCT is all about the road race only... 

Anyone got any sense of how tough the 55k route is?

Its got around 1500m climbing. The start is pretty frantic and the front batches like to tear off. I've always enjoyed this ride. The last 2 have been quite warm - so a bit of cloud will be welcome relief. You get a bit of all terrain in the mix as well. No nasty surprises (as I recall). Its one of those races that you can really enjoy if you're not trying to win the thing. 

Why would they want to make it easier? Thats what the 40km is there for...

Been instructed to sit the MTB ride out by my physio. Toyed with doing it anyway but I know she's right. Was signed up for the 55 - bargained to scale down to the 40 ... been told to do a 50k spinning session on the road bike instead. The roadies tell me I'm not missing much --- will have to see next year.

The roadies tell me I'm not missing much --- will have to see next year.

Agree, no disrespect to the event but it's not exactly a once in a lifetime opportunity, There will be other races this year that use the same trails in the area. Spur and Burger MTB races comes to mind.

Save your knee for next week