Should I upgrade to tubeless

Allrounder

...cycles on the tar mostly, (99,5%) of the time with my MTB with knobblies. 

My question is, is it worth going tubeless in this circumstances? Or is it better to just stick to tubes?

Don't bother if you are riding 99.5% on tar. CWC is selling Rubena tubes with slime for R35.00 each. I just bought 4.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was still riding my mtb on tar, I fitted slicks, and liner. Very few punctures, and everything I got was from the odd piece of gravel road.

I wouldn't bother

ok, I've got my flamesuit on for the noob question I'm about to ask (took up cycling recently. Last time I've been on a MTB was 22 years ago as commute to school and back)

Can you go tubeless with any rim or do you need to get rims designed for tubeless tyres?

must be a slow day on the hub,  3 pages of yes, and one sensible answer

That's what I said on page one of this thread. ....

ok, I've got my flamesuit on for the noob question I'm about to ask (took up cycling recently. Last time I've been on a MTB was 22 years ago as commute to school and back)

Can you go tubeless with any rim or do you need to get rims designed for tubeless tyres?

If your bike is the same one from 22 yrs ago- Most very likely maybe possibly no.... though with correct  tyres and Gorilla tape- you could prob make anything work.

Most tyres will say tubless ready. Most rims these days can be set up to run tubeless.

If your bike is the same one from 22 yrs ago- Most very likely no.... though with correct tyres and Gorilla tape- you could prob make anything work.

LOL. Luckily not. used to be a road bike which i folded in half when i had an unfortunate, unplanned dismount. Then got replaced with an el cheapo Hypermarket MTB

Bought myself a Silverback Alpine MTB 2nd hand last year. Think it's a 2010 model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys. Sold the road bike, because my confidence is gone after the crash last year. I have slicks on for the argus, but it feels very much as unstable as the road bike. So I am putting the nobblies back on. Argus or not. Thanks for the info guys

Hi guys. Sold the road bike, because my confidence is gone after the crash last year. I have slicks on for the argus, but it feels very much as unstable as the road bike. So I am putting the nobblies back on. Argus or not. Thanks for the info guys

So which way you gonna go - tjoeps - tjoepless?

Had to get the yes in.

The next friday question will be, is STANS worth the price?

I use Joe's - never had a problem. Not sure if it is cheaper.

Archived