Drop bars banned in MTB races?

TDKVerbatim

So unless you are competing for a podium position, I'm sure this is one of those rules that no one cares about and won't be enforced.

Remember there is a rule that are not allowed to ride with sleeveless shirts either....and no short socks either.

(I made that bit up....)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain why mtb's with disc brakes are then allowed in CTCT and other big events?

This year in group @ (a racing category ) there were guys standing next to me in the starting block with disc brakes

because Rule 4.1.039 is applicable to MTB events.. far as I know CTCT is a road event :ph34r: :wacko:

because Rule 4.1.039 is applicable to MTB events.. far as I know CTCT is a road event :ph34r: :wacko:

don't see the rule you quoting in my quote?

Do I miss something here?

don't see the rule you quoting in my quote?

Do I miss something here?

post-7405-0-79791500-1490692565_thumb.jpg

The rule was mentioned in the quote that you replied to ... just above the section that you highlighted in bold

I also don't know why anyone would want to do it , as I would **** my pants trying to ride tough sections on drop bars . And regardless of what someone wants to do , the safety of others is also at play here . You crashing from not having control COULD impact others around you and therefore probably won't be allowed . But in the same breathe I recognize the need for innovation and pushing limits , some leeway for testing should be allowed , but maybe you can just have your own catagory at the back of everyone ????

Please explain why mtb's with disc brakes are then allowed in CTCT and other big events?

This year in group @ (a racing category ) there were guys standing next to me in the starting block with disc brakes

Griffin: I think you misunderstood what Mongoose was on about. He is referring to the UCI rule that states that bikes with disk brakes are not allowed in road races.

Mongoose: the UCI put out a clarification that the disk brake rule does not apply to mass participation road races. http://road.cc/content/news/192878-uci-says-disc-brakes-are-allowed-bikes-ridden-mass-participation-events

Edited by GaryvdM

.... , but maybe you can just have your own catagory at the back front of everyone

good idea.

can we change the back to front maybe ^_^ ...lol

So unless you are competing for a podium position, I'm sure this is one of those rules that no one cares about and won't be enforced.

Remember there is a rule that are not allowed to ride with sleeveless shirts either....

Your choice.. but I wouldn't agree with assuming it wont be enforced.

There is a rule about sleeveless shirts and I have seen both warnings issued and also people not allowed to start.

Remember there is a rule that are not allowed to ride with sleeveless shirts either....

Your choice.. but I wouldn't agree with assuming it wont be enforced.

There is a rule about sleeveless shirts and I have seen both warnings issued and also people not allowed to start.

Drop bars are a problem? Has no one ever seen 'Bike Party'? Then again, Danny Macaskill could probably clear rock gardens I'd get stuck in driving a 4x4...

Griffin: I think you misunderstood what Mongoose was on about. He is referring to the UCI rule that states that bikes with disk brakes are not allowed in road races.

Mongoose: the UCI put out a clarification that the disk brake rule does not apply to mass participation road races. http://road.cc/content/news/192878-uci-says-disc-brakes-are-allowed-bikes-ridden-mass-participation-events

Maybe I mis-understood. The post I replied to included a quote from the previous post that referenced the rule and understood that Mongoose was referring/referencing it in particular.

Apologies if my reply sounded cheeky...it wasn't meant that way

Edited by Griffin

Good, those characters are AWOL from the supplement section at Dischem anyway.