Drop bars banned in MTB races?

TDKVerbatim

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flat bars is a mountain bike then?

I think the CSA wording is 'traditional MTB bars'. Don't know if there's room to wiggle on that?

Rule 4.1.039 of the UCI Cycling Regulations...so not so much a CSA Rule as a UCI Rule.

As soon as an event is sanctioned then the rules come into play., CSA and UCI rules pertaining to the type of event and the cycling discipline applicable.

You are right in saying that you would be DQ'd if you took part... and that's assuming that you even got past the start line as in all probability the start line commissar would not have allowed you to start.

I doubt appealing to CSA to have the rule relaxed would be successful.

Please explain why mtb's with disc brakes are then allowed in CTCT and other big events?

This year in group @ (a racing category ) there were guys standing next to me in the starting block with disc brakes

Just because some dude can downhill using drop bars, does not mean a sane person can do the same. I could try that down Helderberg black route, but I can guarantee you it will end very badly for me.  :ph34r:

100%. Same here 

Please explain why mtb's with disc brakes are then allowed in CTCT and other big events?

This year in group @ (a racing category ) there were guys standing next to me in the starting block with disc brakes

The race commissioner did not see them????????

Thats definitely not what he said, why be facetious.

Flatbar road bikes have become quite popular over here especially with women.Just wondering when they will be excluded from road races.

e7e6468c876d0e47c009152bd8df5.jpg

Same thing with tribars.

You see them all over the place at races.

Flatbar road bikes have become quite popular over here especially with women.Just wondering when they will be excluded from road races.

What would your motivation be for banning them from road races?

Do you actually want them banned from road races?

What would your motivation be for banning them from road races?

Do you actually want them banned from road races?

No issue to me and i enjoy riding my flatbar skinny bike.Dont use it at races though because the bars are quite wide.

All these rules are very technical and wondering where it'll end.

CTCT ignores a whole bunch of CSA/UCI rules, including bunch sizes, etc.  Is it even UCI sanctioned?

Flat bar road bike with discs.........The latter point might be the issue.

What about the Cederberg 100 miler. That is also 100% gravel roads.

i did it last year on my dual suspension & not at any point did i wish I had taken my monstercross. Yes 95% was gravel\district roads but it was roff.