Tshwane Classic

Vetplant

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/how-seeding-is-calculated/

ROAD EVENTS

• 80km and over – no climbing requirement, no other penalty; or

• 750m of climbing, regardless of distance, no other penalty; or

60km with 15% penalty (added to your seeding index)– no climbing requirement; or

• 400m climbing with 15% penalty, no distance requirement

I understand the 15% penalty, however, I think they linked a different race because they say the winning time was 59m52, where the actual winning time of the 60km race was 1h33:05. 

It probably doesn't make much of a difference whether they got the actual seeding correct from the Tshwane race as my Amashova result would definitely outweigh it due to the 15 point penalty.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that the Tshwane Classic is no longer being organised by ASG, it 

seems they are loosing events rapidly. Wonder what is going on there.

Certainly not complaining about the substantially cheaper price (R330).

Yep, R330 is very fair for an event of this caliber, will definitely do this one.

And its a added bonus when races get cheaper annually. Lets hope the new organizer can perform. (ASG did real well)

I thought they would change the route slightly from last year.

Will definitely be there, nice race.

+1

Really enjoyed it last year. Hope there are no protests this time. Wonder if it will still be full closure without ASG? That route will be interesting without road closure. If they change the route I hope they keep those last 3 climbs.

Really enjoyed it last year. Hope there are no protests this time. Wonder if it will still be full closure without ASG? That route will be interesting without road closure. If they change the route I hope they keep those last 3 climbs.

A realistic change would be to not go through the "poort" and up the climb past the Wonderboom, that effectively shuts down a whole big section of the north.

Tom Jenkins and that final finish climb is hard enough to make a move on for the racers. Lets not alienate the people that effectively "allow" us to have our fun.

"BIG RACES"  should consider adapting what they do at the Boston marathon for pedestrian to use it for letting cars through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo-Kv6VUlYo

Definitely going to do this one again. Was lekker last year. Except for Tom Jenkins... Top of that hill was the closest I've ever been to throwing up on a bike 

A realistic change would be to not go through the "poort" and up the climb past the Wonderboom, that effectively shuts down a whole big section of the north.

Tom Jenkins and that final finish climb is hard enough to make a move on for the racers. Lets not alienate the people that effectively "allow" us to have our fun.

"BIG RACES"  should consider adapting what they do at the Boston marathon for pedestrian to use it for letting cars through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo-Kv6VUlYo

Have to agree.

Don't go through the Poort but rather in front of it.

Definitely going to do this one again. Was lekker last year. Except for Tom Jenkins... Top of that hill was the closest I've ever been to throwing up on a bike 

This race without Tom Jenkins would be like any other race, it needs to be there to add some spice

if only the 947 was the following weekend - then i wouldn't have to voortrekker up and down from the cape. lekker race thought,  i will be back but only for that jenkins climb yasis!!

Website still says full road closure

http://tshwaneclassic.co.za/