Hip bags, fanny packs... is this a thing now?

T-Bob

Both.

If you're caught ogling a lady's derrière on the trail, you can just say that you were checking out her sweet fanny pack.

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when moonbags where the scnhizzle, in the 80's - did cyclists use them?

uh mean if Jordan put his name to it....

il_570xN.424051125_6nvk.jpg

Hold on... are Fanny Packs and Moon Bags different?? Is this going to be like the 29'r vs 650b feud all over again or is the hip pack industry trying to sell us the next big thing in utilitarian waist based luggage? 

Hold on... are Fanny Packs and Moon Bags different?? Is this going to be like the 29'r vs 650b feud all over again or is the hip pack industry trying to sell us the next big thing in utilitarian waist based luggage? 

No. Same thing. 

I can't wait till ppl start packing Bluetooth speakers in these out on the trails.

Big fanny boom box

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I can't wait till ppl start packing Bluetooth speakers in these out on the trails.

Big fanny boom box

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're describing half of the Cape's finest ladies-for-sale

Big fanny boom box

Can't wait to see that review! 

KSLSFP-R69061-4.jpg

Ah, in the end it still comes down to preference. Different solutions appeal to different people. I for instance make use of a 2L Camelbak to hold all of my water, phone and keys, and it works perfectly for me. I enjoy having the little dangly tube going over my shoulder, available at a moment's notice with zero effort and I also enjoy not looking like a bicycle-riding handyman.

Well if it works for trail runners it should work for mtb as well.

I love riding without a backpack, but somehow I'd rather ride with a small minimalist backpack rather than with a fanny pack.

I've been riding with this for about a month now.. 

Is nice for a ride that is just too long for one bottle of water and too short for a pack.  Also, I have started wearing my chinbar a bit more often after seeing one too many incidents of other riders injuries, so with this I can carry it without it being attached to the lid for the up ride without a pack.

Also has a small section for a bomb and cable ties etc. 

290fe9c59080c7c8e5b316dc48b9c6e9.jpg

I have been eyeing this pack out for some time now .... my frame does not take a water bottle in the main frame, only below the top tube, you know, where all the cow and other animal poop gets flung up onto. So not a great place to use a water bottle, which means for shorter rides I only partially fill my hydration pack. 

It would be nice to loose the pack though for the shorter and less hot rides with the one you are using Raydek!

And no. I am not concerned about the fashion police jumping out behind a bush and arresting me....once they see I am riding a dead sexy Banshee they will let me go free with a know nod and tilt of the head, because they know that I know that they know I am styling it :P

Got me one of these, pretty comfortable for flat, easy out and back 

attachicon.gifCamel hipster.jpeg

But prefer something more substantial for DH for protection.

Many years ago when I was still in the rock climbing scene I used a Black Diamond (think it was referred to as a lumbar) pack for stashing extra friends, carabiners, gloves, energy bars, what ever. It also doubled up as my 'briefcase" keeping the passport/maps/phone/money when I did some adventure bike riding.

It was very much a part of my valuable equipment. 

Think it is time to go dig for it ....

Cape Union Mart have the Source one that comes with a harness thing. I think Source have the best bladders about. Camelbak always seem to need a lot of care and always taste off. 

Comes in about R1700 and while I like the idea there are a lot of packs in that price range that cover more bases. 

Factory Jackson Review

Source-Hipster-Hydration-Pack-18-of-24.j