My wife just doesn't get it!

Chris NewbyFraser

Hehehe, that is cold man, cold.

I find the trick is to invite friends who spend more on bikes than you do, and then discuss their latest purchase within earshot of your wife. Gives her a nice leveling number to make your expenses seem cheap. Of course good form dictates that you should be outside of said friends wife's earshot.

not so great if you invite friends that works/owns a bikeshop and the wife tells them that they not allowed to sell you anything! unless she is with....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about balance - recently in Hong Kong and dragged my better half to countless bike shops looking for those bargains. She dutifully followed without complaint. Got a pair of 510's and some other goodies. Then she saw the Louis Vuitton shop and found the dream bag. That I dont get but my upgrades are fine for a while.

My wife gets that I get it, and that's enough for her. She pokes fun at my bikes and kit and I poke fun at her shoes... All 100 pairs!  :clap:

My wife gets that I get it, and that's enough for her. She pokes fun at my bikes and kit and I poke fun at her shoes... All 100 pairs!  :clap:

Wive also rides and def gets it. See what I did there.

I just bought a sexy XT shifter from Milky34something. Typical XT - its a thing of beauty. So I showed the missus and..................

....nothing.

She looked at me and there was confusion in her eyes. I tried to save the opportunity. I tried so hard to explain why the curves are so right for my Spez bars and how the dual action is a real comfort. I really tried and..................

......nothing.

I just don't get my wife (or women for aht matter). And she rides off-road tandem with me nogal. She should understand!!!!!

Y

Ha ha ha...

This is a interesting subject.

I normally send a picture 1st of whatever I want to buy to the misses, Then the typical "don't you have that on your bike?" follows.

A simple "but is carbon my love" follows and then it comes.

How much....? as we all know its normally half the actual price less 10% ;)

and then just to top it off i tell her that I can sell the old parts on the hub for almost what I paid :clap: :devil:You think that's bad my missus hates it when I go cycling period,on my mtb or road  I told her to come with me and she turned around and said she  has better things to do with her time

hahaha,you think that bad my wife hates it when I go cycling on my mtb or road I told her to come with her reply was she has better things to do 

My wife gets it. She makes me go riding with her and thanks me for pushing her to try black and dh tracks on her Zula. She has also just told me I need another bike to tow junior around with. Sorry guys. :-)

My wife gets it. She makes me go riding with her and thanks me for pushing her to try black and dh tracks on her Zula. She has also just told me I need another bike to tow junior around with. Sorry guys. :-)

Lucky man.

Lucky man.

Admit it .... she just likes riding along with you to watch you "face plant" :P

Admit it .... she just likes riding along with you to watch you "face plant" :P

Yes, and she carries plasters and Myprodol for when the inevitable happens.

Me: 'cool, there's a sale on tyres - must get spares'

My babes (two days later): 'so, did you get the new wheels yet... show me'

????????????

Love her to bits ????

Me: 'cool, there's a sale on tyres - must get spares'

My babes (two days later): 'so, did you get the new wheels yet... show me'

[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Love her to bits [emoji12]

You married well.

My wife knows and freely admits that I am a better person after riding. And encourages me to go ride when I get cabin fever.

I'm so shnoep that I'd rather ride my SS for a month and make very sure about the need before spending on my other bike.

Archived