Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a very small % of riders become WT pro's. And of them a small % are or are allowed to be winners. Maybe Willie becomes a super domestique for Zakarin in the GT's or work for Kittell in Classics. That is also great. And maybe once a year he is allowed to get into a break and get a good result. Im ok with that, HE IS GOING TO LIVE HIS DREAM.

a very small % of riders become WT pro's. And of them a small % are or are allowed to be winners. Maybe Willie becomes a super domestique for Zakarin in the GT's or work for Kittell in Classics. That is also great. And maybe once a year he is allowed to get into a break and get a good result. Im ok with that, HE IS GOING TO LIVE HIS DREAM.

This.

For sure.. what a journey he has been on getting there and what a journey he is starting..

If this doesn't inspire youngsters..I don't know what will. ..take a bow young man..it's only just beginning..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I am just as proud of Meintjes racing in the top 10 whom CSA send on R5000pm to stay Belgium as a 19 year old (when he had offers from local teams to race locally for more money) as I am of Jay T that hardly wins a race but the commentators talk about him as one of the strongest domestiques out there. Or Jaco or Jacques or Ash amongst others which CSA supported to try and make the dream a reality. 

So glad for Willie! I saw some of the sacrifices he made in first year at res (can't count the amount of times I walked in from a night out while he was on the way out for a bike ride) and even though he got a lot of flack for it, he kept his head down and kept going at it. Well deserved and super excited to see him on the biggest stage!