Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

Cav isn’t all doom and gloom, he’s been written off before and comeback - sure he’s older but I’m going against the general consensus and calling a fitting end to a remarkable sprinting career. He’s too proud to have 2018 as a bookend

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat said he couldn't offer him a long term contract..it is a shame. Oh well

And they have Elia as well, who is possibly less expensive? I think it was really a matter of economics with Gaviria hitting the prime sprinter league.

Cav isn’t all doom and gloom, he’s been written off before and comeback - sure he’s older but I’m going against the general consensus and calling a fitting end to a remarkable sprinting career. He’s too proud to have 2018 as a bookend

Not too be to pessimistic, but when has a big time sprinter ever succeeded in making a come back? Shelf life for the type is short (generally speaking)

UAE isnt the same team as this year going into 2019, not saying he will shine and be better - nobody can tell that but UAE are significantly different rider wise and structure.

Let’s hope so. Although I believe the pride and unity at QS is like no other world tour team.

Not too be to pessimistic, but when has a big time sprinter ever succeeded in making a come back? Shelf life for the type is short (generally speaking)

Definitely no expert, just love a comeback story, however hopeful. Yes he was younger, but in answer to your question, 2016, one Mark Cavenish TDF after 3 lean years

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/road/international-road/comeback-king-cavendish-streaks-home-again-r5212

No he isn’t re-signing and won’t be for 2019.

Saw on Twitter the are negotiating a possible extension. But seems we should just let you dish out any UAE info as you clearly have a man on the inside.

Saw on Twitter the are negotiating a possible extension. But seems we should just let you dish out any UAE info as you clearly have a man on the inside.

Haha no not atall, just enjoy this time of the year in terms of musical chairs

Haha no not atall, just enjoy this time of the year in terms of musical chairs

Cool, As do I (we).

Was thinking this morning, Katusha obviously free'd up some capital by letting TM go. I would've hoped they signed somebody to fill the current "void" (Not that there are a lot of guys left to sign)

I think Kittel will have a good season in 2019. Not too sure about Zakarin anymore.

Cool, As do I (we).

Was thinking this morning, Katusha obviously free'd up some capital by letting TM go. I would've hoped they signed somebody to fill the current "void" (Not that there are a lot of guys left to sign)

I think Kittel will have a good season in 2019. Not too sure about Zakarin anymore.

Kittel has to. Zaka is still good, every athlete has a bad year, maybe this was their ones