Canyon Direct

Cycleboy7

Hi all, not sure if theres been a forum before regarding this issue, but im looking to purchase a Canyon Aeroad directly from Canyons warehouse in Holland, can anyone help out with how the shipping works from them, and what all the fees are?

If i had to buy the frame and get it sent to a friend in Germany and have them send it to me without the slip and tags inside would i still have to pay all the fees.

Ive also heard that you can send it with an airline rather than sending it through a courier company?

Any help will be much appreciated.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On full bikes you pay 40% duties and then 14% VAT last I checked. This is in addition to the shipping, handling and clearance fees.

My suggestion would be to try source the wheels locally, or from another source, then import the frame etc from Canyon. Saves you some money on the duties.

try the search function... there have been plenty of discussions on bringing in Canyon bikes

On full bikes you pay 40% duties and then 14% VAT last I checked. This is in addition to the shipping, handling and clearance fees.

My suggestion would be to try source the wheels locally, or from another source, then import the frame etc from Canyon. Saves you some money on the duties.

Negative. 15% duty on full bike, plus VAT. 

Looking to just buy the frame and aero cockpit ,nothing else.

Negative. 15% duty on full bike, plus VAT. 

Ahhh that's loads better!! Not sure why 40% was stuck in my head then

• 2 months later...

try the search function... there have been plenty of discussions on bringing in Canyon bikes

I've searched but can't seem to find a lekker "How to".

I have a funny feeling that I might be walking this path soon.

I bought one but it was shipped to London while I was there. I heard it costs around €400 just for shipping direct to SA.

So I'm interested in this one:

https://www.canyon.com/en/road/ultimate/ultimate-cf-slx-disc-9-0-sl.html

For you clever duty okes, what would this cost landed here? And what would be the best and safest way to get it here?

Taking a chance on this disc thing with racing, but to be honest. If they don't let me race it, then so be it.... VETs take themselves too seriously in any case.

Then from a duties point of view, I have two questions.

If I buy it, ship it to our London office, get it built up, ride it a few times there and bring it back to SA in a bike bag, would I attract duties? I suspect I might.

So my other question is hypothetical. If a friend of mine in the UK buys a bike, he rides it a few times, and then I buy if from him, it would be second hand. Surely then I wouldn't attract duties?

probably thinking of clothing or something and it just stuck. File it under your corrupt files and perform a disc cleanup, preferably with a bottle of good whisky. I find that does the trick pretty well.

:)

Great chirp ????

I have done direct shipping as well as postage via another country... hqve posted my experience somewhere in a canyon in SA topic if yoj can find it.

In general if you want to do it then do it -overall my experience have superb!

Otherwise pm whatsapp or call me if want to know more of what I did...

Enjoy

These Canyons are pretty good value for money. Definitely on the short list for my next bike, when that day comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on how many people enquire about this topic (and I know this goes against Canyon's direct sales policy, so spare me that lecture) I see a potential business opportunity in bringing these bikes in on some sort of scale.