WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

wish they could go bankrupt.they charge r800 for a "calender fee" and then r10 per rider if you want to organise a race and you get absolutely nothing in return.

R10/rider is new for 2017 (need to act surprised) as it was R6 for last year. R3.50 for the region and R2.50 for CSA.

Two days have passed and I still don't have any feedback from my region - who had to ask the GM of CSA.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two days have passed and I still don't have any feedback from my region - who had to ask the GM of CSA.

I'd be very interested in their feedback, if you even receive feedback

I'd be very interested in their feedback, if you even receive feedback

Have to echo these sentiments.Right now i think they have all run for cover,hoping this debacle blows over and people lose interest.Even direct mailing has resulted in absolute silence.Yet this our national federation that we are FORCED to associate with . 

Have to echo these sentiments.Right now i think they have all run for cover,hoping this debacle blows over and people lose interest.Even direct mailing has resulted in absolute silence.Yet this our national federation that we are FORCED to associate with . 

strange, Mike said he would answer e-mails.

From CSA last week in response to an email. So the issue of members thinking they are covered are still not resolved. This looks a lot like fraud, collecting premiums but not paying it over. And we will return premiums to all members where cover cannot be provided.

"In respect to the cover from 1st March onwards provided for by a premium on the Membership fees we are currently negotiating with the service provider to have the cover re-instated. These negotiations are on-going and we will communicate the final position on this within the next few weeks. The only assurance that we can give right now is that the Executive and management are working hard to ensure cover is provided, and if all fails, we will return the premiums to all members where cover cannot be provided."

In respect to the cover from 1st March onwards provided for by a premium on the Membership fees we are currently negotiating with the service provider to have the cover re-instated. These negotiations are on-going and we will communicate the final position on this within the next few weeks. The only assurance that we can give right now is that the Executive and management are working hard to ensure cover is provided, and if all fails, we will return the premiums to all members where cover cannot be provided.

now that we have been caught out and before we are in legal sh*t ...we will give back the money but if we hadn't been caught out well who knows ..... :huh: skelms

The way I read it I hope there is not some poor bugger who do not have private insurance thinking that he is covered during races, has a crash then wake up in hospital with a CSA official giving a little bag with his CSA contribution for insurance saying, sorry you are not covered.  Here is the return of your contributions.

where will the money suddenly come from to pay back the premiums?

not to mention the costs of the logistics to return the money to all those riders

its just bull to keep them out of trouble while they wait for everyone to lose interest :blink:

From CSA last week in response to an email. So the issue of members thinking they are covered are still not resolved. This looks a lot like fraud, collecting premiums but not paying it over. And we will return premiums to all members where cover cannot be provided.

"In respect to the cover from 1st March onwards provided for by a premium on the Membership fees we are currently negotiating with the service provider to have the cover re-instated. These negotiations are on-going and we will communicate the final position on this within the next few weeks. The only assurance that we can give right now is that the Executive and management are working hard to ensure cover is provided, and if all fails, we will return the premiums to all members where cover cannot be provided."

Steal stuff, then if caught, simply return and plead poverty.

If they can afford to pay back the money, why can't they just pay the insurance premiums with the same money?

I'm confused

Probably something to do with cashflow as am sure I read somewhere that they will be getting a cash injection from PPA and someone else.

Also, how do you verify who to pay back and who has been paid back... when they claim provinces have been slack collecting day licences and obviously the accounting of licence fees is not what it should be so you think they going to know exactly who was not covered over that period.

Me thinks any payback will be something line for every 1 they payback to in reality they should have been giving back to 5 !!.... there will be no one to verify it and you are left to accepting the word of CSA!!

My personal medical aid covered all the expenses. Ended up a dislocation relocation shoulder and broken collarbone. To be honest, I don't have the energy to take on the fight. Not right I know but I've currently got bigger challenges that need my attention.

I would phone a credible attorneys office, explain to them the scenario and tell them they can have 50% , even 100%, of whatever they manage to get from CSA.

CSA 's cage needs to be rattled. We are all paying customers but they bargain on their 'untouchable' status.

Doesn't the CPA come in to play?

Edited by Nettie R

Statement: CSA meeting with KZN race organisers

This is a joint statement issued by the owners and organisers of the Karkloof Classic, sani2c, joberg2c, Eston MTB, Sharks Trail Adventure, Berg & Bush, dusi2c, Tour Durban, Amashova, Hill2HIll and ROAG.

We note the recent developments with regards to Cycling South Africa (CSA). As events and organizers, we are significant contributors through our events and clients (the rider) to the CSA model. In light of recent media reports, we would like to inform our clients and riders that we have requested a meeting with CSA. We have requested this meeting in order to establish certain facts, enquire about specific decisions and understand the processes that have (and will) be put in place to rectify certain aspects of the sports administration that needs attention. CSA immediately acknowledged our request and efficiently setup a meeting accordingly for the 26th June, where President William Newman will be meeting with the respective event representatives.

While a lot has been said about CSA's financial position, as a group of KZN based events we feel It is important for us to note and acknowledge that Cycling KZN as a governing body is financially sound and operationally efficient, and we thank the respective volunteers who have put their personal time and effort into the organization to date.

Our commitment as a group is to ensure that we represent our partners, clients and riders to the best of our ability in order to help facilitate a sport that is associated with good governance, financially sound principles and a governing body that is focused on growing the sport through good business principles.