Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

Expo:

Seems like cost savings have done away with the sponsored water bottle and limited goodies. No bag either.

I wonder if there are safety pins in the useful white envelope...?

We got a draw string bag with a bottle and a few other things in for the kiddies race.

EDIT: and a T-shirt.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I must get there at 02h35???

Hi, not sure where it says be there 3 hours before. Actually the site wont be ready so it does not help to get there too early.

On you final instructions letter it tells you what time you pen opens and what time you need to be in the holding area - This is 45 min before your pen opens.

Hi, not sure where it says be there 3 hours before. Actually the site wont be ready so it does not help to get there too early.

On you final instructions letter it tells you what time you pen opens and what time you need to be in the holding area - This is 45 min before your pen opens.

Is the final instruction letter available online?

I never got one in my race pack. Only my (blue) number, pins, cable ties and frame number.

As I’m not a newbie, I assume it’s pretty much the same as before... load through the “orange” gate by a certain time? And also going off in VC, it’s one of the first few batches through the “gates”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got one in my race pack. Only my (blue) number, pins, cable ties and frame number.

As I’m not a newbie, I assume it’s pretty much the same as before... load through the “orange” gate by a certain time? And also going off in VC, it’s one of the first few batches through the “gates”.

http://eventcomms.primedia.co.za/storage/telkomcc/docs/T947CCFinal_Instructions_2017_%2002112017.pdf

Hi

It is only available online and this year was not part of the race pack. I know its also been on Twitter and Facebook.

I will see if I can get it posted on TheHub

Quote: So Cycle Challenge messed up big time on my starting time and my rather extensive efforts amounted to only a partial remedy. So for me that means s tarting in Z at 8:10, half an hour after I should be. Anyone else starting in Z looking for around 3:40?

Hey all.

So I got my race pack and it appears that Cycle Challenge fixed up my starting time :clap: :clap:

Looking forward to riding in R

VC.....

Buckle up princess.

We have to catch the VB's before we get off the M1........... :devil:

VC.....

Buckle up princess.

We have to catch the VB's before we get off the M1........... :devil:

Why you want to take so long??? I seem to remember you and my buddy CL catching us up woodmead(just before the M1) 2 years back?

So Cycle Challenge messed up big time on my starting time and my rather extensive efforts amounted to only a partial remedy. So for me that means s tarting in Z at 8:10, half an hour after I should be.

Anyone else starting in Z looking for around 3:40?

Had the same issue. 

I rode with a charity in 2015 with some slower riders. Did a 5hr.

Entered this year to do a sub 3, got hit with a 8:30 start. Tried to protest it and was told no because my finish time was slow. 

Even though my results from 2011 and 2012 were 2:40!! 

No second lap for me this year  :thumbdown:

Had the same issue. 

I rode with a charity in 2015 with some slower riders. Did a 5hr.

Entered this year to do a sub 3, got hit with a 8:30 start. Tried to protest it and was told no because my finish time was slow. 

Even though my results from 2011 and 2012 were 2:40!! 

No second lap for me this year  :thumbdown:

the rules of seeding are clear...  1 penalty point for every month in excess of 5 months.  and if your result is older than 5 years, it doesn't count.  so, there's that.

I didn't even get a frame number. Wonder if they will DQ me...