Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

Your second lap start group will depend on how quickly you get your 1st one done... We are targeting a sub 3 for the first lap, which should give us another 31mins to get refreshed from our first lap before the last group, MM, leaves the start line, which will definitely be a much more social experience...

The guys actually did a 2h46 last year, Kevin Benkenstein leading them around the first lap and everyone else just hanging on... 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L group start time 7.09, one up from M which i last rode in 2015. 

Edited by scotty

G. Not really surprised - haven't ridden a race since my last 947, so about the same. I'm way stronger this year, especially with regards to endurance, so I think a sub-3 might happen.

G. Not really surprised - haven't ridden a race since my last 947, so about the same. I'm way stronger this year, especially with regards to endurance, so I think a sub-3 might happen.

Looking at the results from last year you definitely have a shot at a sub3, just get to your start pen early to start in the front and then stick with the front riders as long as possible. 

What do you do with your chip on the second lap? Do you just put it in your pocket?

What do you do with your chip on the second lap? Do you just put it in your pocket?

Remove and sneak in before 10am. 

is that DL for double loop and how did you get that - was looking for the double loop entry option this year and I couldn't find that option... what your group?

D - D batch

L - Long

Some races (think R4S, R4V) have long and short(er) distances. You'll see some of the riders in the shorter distance will perhaps be seeded AS. Not certain why the DL applies in this case. 

I'm in F. Still haven't been able to train for more than 6 weeks...... think it will be a fun ride for me, and next year I'll go do a seeding race....