Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ride DL, no need to sneak in and remove your timing chip.

Seems it might be a bit more difficult to sneak in for a 2nd lap unofficially this year.

The start layout has changed, possibly to manage the issue seen previously where people go through the loading gate prematurely to wait for their start group before the start line and thus creating congestion. They might have processes in place to try to limit unofficial 2nd lappers...

That sucks.... I am not riding an official DL. I am doing my 10th 94.7 and want to celebrate it on the second lap.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That sucks.... I am not riding an official DL. I am doing my 10th 94.7 and want to celebrate it on the second lap.

You can always try to contact one of the charities to see if it is still possible to join the Offical Double Lap batch. 

Drop a mail to events.admin@qhubeka.org they might know whether it is still possible. You will probably be asked to donate some money to their charity to be able to join, but hey, at least you know it won't be lining some fat cat's pockets...

Lol Joy :)

I have emailed them, but then did they mess his up or mine :)

My index is 73.90 and im Starting at 8:04 with Y. Could that be correct? Anyone else with a similar index?

Hi Segal,

I am starting in the same group as you with an index of 74.28. So I assume your brother got very lucky with his earlier seeding.

Hi Segal,

I am starting in the same group as you with an index of 74.28. So I assume your brother got very lucky with his earlier seeding.

I was gonna wait for him so we can start together, guess he will be the one doing the waiting now :) I wonder how it gets messed up, very odd!

Thanks so letting me know

You know you don't have to go through the loading gate on your second lap - lots of places to join the route close to the start... :ph34r:  

I'm in H, down from L last year.  Was wondering in which group most guys are that want to go for a sub-3hr?

You know you don't have to go through the loading gate on your second lap - lots of places to join the route close to the start... :ph34r:  

That is also what I was thinking.

I'm in H, down from L last year.  Was wondering in which group most guys are that want to go for a sub-3hr?

The legend of the I-Team re-emerges....!!

Hey guys,

Im confused by my seeding, I have a lower seeding then my brother but I am starting 45 minutes later then him??? Does age make a different to where the #CC places you or does the seeding index already take that into account. he is 31 and Im 28.

Im really confused by it?

Should make no difs unless your seeding index puts you into lic categories for your age group. The orgs try match similar index's to keep the groups together irrespective of age. In your case I would query it. 

Edited by scotty

That is also what I was thinking.

That is definitely one way of doing it unofficially.

I can definitely vouch for doing it through the official means, maybe consider it for next year.

You get a Very Early start, 10mins before A-batch, regardless of your seeding.

Great organisation of training rides with support vehicles by the charities in the leadup to the event.

Hospitality at the venue afterwards.

Plus you get to help those who need it most, which is always a good side-effect.

(OK I'll stop promoting the charities now :ph34r: )

Great organisation of training rides with support vehicles by the charities in the leadup to the event.

Depends on the charity.

The one I am riding for, I believe one other person is riding DL, and I've never met him or trained with any of them... ;)

Just some info requested:

I am starting at 08h32 with the charities.

What time should one arrive to get through the masses to be in time? Also is there a good place to park? Or is it better to park 5km away and cycle in?

Just some info requested:

I am starting at 08h32 with the charities.

What time should one arrive to get through the masses to be in time? Also is there a good place to park? Or is it better to park 5km away and cycle in?

I usually just park inside, and i try time it so that i am an hour early.