Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

I'm entering with a SS. Aiming for a sub3. Anyone else on a SS for the event?

Yup. However I'm aiming for a sub 3 days... Riding with a charity bunch so will most likely be on the road for 4-5 hours.

Edit: Vegmot the list is working, with my details added.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done...should be an easier race for you than a few other First timers [emoji106]

What group will you start? Hope it's not too late...

JJ so just before lunch time:) Was going to join a charity to go earlier but R 1500 was a bit rough in my private capacity.

Sent from my LG-M400 using Tapatalk

The last time I raced it was in 2014. Started in G and ended up with an official time of 3:00:01 after a 90 odd km time trial. Wasn't overly thrilled. Did a ride with the missus in 2015 from the charity bunches and skipped last year. Starting in G again this year, hoping to shave 2 seconds. :P

I am starting from the charity DD at 8:40 with a slow group of people, am aiming for something under 3:30 or even towards 3:00 - if anyone with similar ambitions is in that bunch please PM, maybe we can roll together?

Last time I did 947 (2006 I think ) was from a double letter unseeded group on a rented bicycle and just managed to sneak in a minute or so under 3 hrs.

Nearly lost my “all under sub 3” record

Maybe next year again...

Maybe we should add the number of cycle challenges you have completed in brackets behind your name? Would be interesting see who has completed it the most times.

Just thinking, while eating lunch:

Should there not be a TheHub competition for everyone on the sheet with the most improved time from last year to this year? Maybe one of the site sponsors can sponsor a price? This will motivate some of the first timers to cycle again next year. Not sure about the technicalities around this, we will probably need everyone's race number as well. 

Maybe we should add the number of cycle challenges you have completed in brackets behind your name? Would be interesting see who has completed it the most times.

Just thinking, while eating lunch:

Should there not be a TheHub competition for everyone on the sheet with the most improved time from last year to this year? Maybe one of the site sponsors can sponsor a price? This will motivate some of the first timers to cycle again next year. Not sure about the technicalities around this, we will probably need everyone's race number as well.

most improved from worst ever time? Where do I collect the prize?

most improved from worst ever time? Where do I collect the prize?

2016 vs 2017.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last time I did 947 (2006 I think ) was from a double letter unseeded group on a rented bicycle and just managed to sneak in a minute or so under 3 hrs.

Nearly lost my “all under sub 3” record

Maybe next year again...

you know I just hate you right now........

Im Doing my 1st this year and starting with the charities. Hopefully next year il be on a road bike with a seeding. 

2016 vs 2017.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

oh no [emoji54]

How about 2013/11/09 vs this year? I should be able to beat any of those times... 2015 was neither here nor there but at least I finished [emoji3]

Sadly this year I’ll be going more than twice as s-l-o-w as last year.

Sub 6 this year vs sub 3 last year ????

I am starting from the charity DD at 8:40 with a slow group of people, am aiming for something under 3:30 or even towards 3:00 - if anyone with similar ambitions is in that bunch please PM, maybe we can roll together?

Get yourself a Bell or learn to shout "Passing on your right!"

Archived