Win a Santa Cruz and help build trails with TokaiMTB

News bot

Mmmm. Give us a clue (which model?)

The Bronson?

colours on the 5010 are reveresd according to which one you select.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One week to go, lets make it a good one for the trails  :D

So far this week a small potion of the donations received so far have assisted us in clearing a path through the thorns etc that were making progress down the Switchbacks/Bridal Path a trail fit for masochists only. It is now clear and good to ride.

We also got at the entrance to Snake Eyes and repaired the wheel grabbing rut that had made it a bit of a hair raising experience and added some water management to try and stop the rut making a reappearance.

Earlier in the week we, with the help of Chris Nixon, plotted out a line for DH0 and should start clearing work on that next week. Once it is cleared of vegetation we will get Chris back in, along with our favourite trail builder Reto, and confirm the line and features before ploughing on with getting it built.

All this is because you guys have and are donating generously. Keep it up!  :clap:

Military Green is not for me thanks.

The black with red trim I'll do!

I think that military green is pretty cool. That black also looks awesome though - would be a tough, but nice, choice to have to make

Edited by Wet Ears

I believe this has been asked before, but not definatively answered...

Question: What is meant by a "standard build kit"?

If one is, for example, to look at the Tallboy, each frame option (alu, C and CC) has each own corresponding standard build kits.

If CC is indeed up for grabs, its standard build kits are: X01, X01+, XX1 and XX1+. (According to SC website.)

Or will a CC frame be built up with a build kit from another frame option making it, in fact, non standard?

Apologies for nit-picking, but the information will determine how many tickets I buy and that is probably true for others too.

I believe this has been asked before, but not definatively answered...Question: What is meant by a "standard build kit"?If one is, for example, to look at the Tallboy, each frame option (alu, C and CC) has each own corresponding standard build kits.If CC is indeed up for grabs, its standard build kits are: X01, X01+, XX1 and XX1+. (According to SC website.)Or will a CC frame be built up with a build kit from another frame option making it, in fact, non standard?Apologies for nit-picking, but the information will determine how many tickets I buy and that is probably true for others too.

Buy as many as you want, I'm going to win it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Five days to go and counting and I'm back with today's thread bump.

These guys, Charles and Paul, that spend their day up on the mast road would like to say thanks for the new rainproof gear that this has allowed us to buy for them. This means they can at least be warm and dry while looking out for us. And I get to feel mildly less guilty sitting in a warm vehicle as they battle the elements  :D

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r251/mss-65/IMG_20170708_090841_zpssvibgphp.jpg

We were also able to get quite a bit of repair work and alien removal completed on a few of the tracks this week, with more coming this week too. 

So thanks to all that have donated and keep it up!

You may see some posters around that look a lot like this 

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r251/mss-65/IMG_20170704_132657_zpsd6kymx15.jpg

If you see someone looking at one of these, encourage them to enter. A lot.

It's going really well so far but, not unlike coffee & cake, more is just better  :devil:

I rode Tokai on Saturday for the first time in a while and noticed a few changes - felt good to know that my entry into this competition may have helped those along, and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of this initiative.

I've just increased my chances too!

Hey guys, we will work with the winner on their choice of frame and spec. We have budgeted for a CC frame with a SRAM build kit and Performance Elite suspension. This would cover any of the MTB frames with the appropriate kit. In terms of Stigmata, this would definitely be an option though I would need to look at availability of parts kits to confirm.

I believe this has been asked before, but not definatively answered... Question: What is meant by a "standard build kit"? If one is, for example, to look at the Tallboy, each frame option (alu, C and CC) has each own corresponding standard build kits. If CC is indeed up for grabs, its standard build kits are: X01, X01+, XX1 and XX1+. (According to SC website.) Or will a CC frame be built up with a build kit from another frame option making it, in fact, non standard? Apologies for nit-picking, but the information will determine how many tickets I buy and that is probably true for others too.

Standard build kit is based on Fox Performance Elite fork and shock and SRAM GX.

Oh, and the obvious being that the value of a CC frame alone will be worth every entry.. 

Edited by (Deon)

Standard build kit is based on Fox Performance Elite fork and shock and SRAM GX.

Oh, and the obvious being that the value of a CC frame alone will be worth every entry.. 

Thanks! That clears things up :)

Aww :(  no more Shimano XT options for the Tallbay CC  :o ...never been a fan of SRAM...

Who comes up with these hideous frame colours???

Gloss rust  :blink:  :wacko:  :huh: !!!

The black is nice but it doesn't make it WOW :eek: . I still like the bike but a step back in that department me thinks!

I love the guys complaining about colour options and Shimano/Sram etc.... You are in line to win a 100k plus bike ffs

Sell the GX and put some Shimano on.... Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Even if you don't win, the trails and trail faeries are getting funded, which means you win anyway.

I'm sure spending 4k on a Bogus design custom Tokai MTB paint job would be the least you could do if you won the bike. 

I love the guys complaining about colour options and Shimano/Sram etc.... You are in line to win a 100k plus bike ffs

Sell the GX and put some Shimano on.... Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I for one did also comment on the new colours, but not in any way against this initiative. It is merely very noticeable that last year's colours were nicer. Free customer feedback for Santa Cruz.

As for asking about the bike specs, I see no reason why that should be a no-no. Once known, people can start fantasizing about their dream bikes (and buying more tickets!).

@ Mr Lee: I think GX is more expensive than XT, so you should have no problem modifying the bike should you win.

If spec and colors are really a problem, the guys at Rush have been kind enough to offer a tailored spec or choose from prev year models. There should still be stock.

Maybe you put a few more bucks in to get the bike of your dreams, and starting with the suspension and frame covered, you really don't have much further to go. But then it's just that, the bike of your dreams! I know in my lifetime I would never afford such a bike, so I wish all you folk well. It's going to be a special occasion for a certain person out there - or is that in here?

Edited by (Deon)