Win a Santa Cruz and help build trails with TokaiMTB

News bot

Aww :( no more Shimano XT options for the Tallbay CC :o ...never been a fan of SRAM...

Who comes up with these hideous frame colours???

Gloss rust :blink: :wacko: :huh: !!!

The black is nice but it doesn't make it WOW :eek: . I still like the bike but a step back in that department me thinks!

Shows you how opinions differ. I love the rust colour! ❤️❤️

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the guys complaining about colour options and Shimano/Sram etc.... You are in line to win a 100k plus bike ffs

Sell the GX and put some Shimano on.... Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Even if you don't win, the trails and trail faeries are getting funded, which means you win anyway.

I'm sure spending 4k on a Bogus design custom Tokai MTB paint job would be the least you could do if you won the bike. 

My comment was not related to winning the bike but more to do with what options I would have if I were to purchase one. After all, are we not discussing this brand in this thread? ...and by doing so the organizers and supporting companies are getting just what they wanted....brand exposure  :clap:

....and believe me if you were to give me one in any colour I would definitely not say no  :D

**Bump**

So how is the fundraising going guys?  Are you at X, Y or Z?  :clap:

I think my most recent entry a few days ago (at this stage I'm just donating to Tokai MTB coz I know my first entry will win it) was getting close to entry 1000... Let's hope they get well over that mark! It has cleared the value of the bike and still climbing based on the limited info I have.

I think my most recent entry a few days ago (at this stage I'm just donating to Tokai MTB coz I know my first entry will win it) was getting close to entry 1000... Let's hope they get well over that mark! It has cleared the value of the bike and still climbing based on the limited info I have.

For reasons I have no understanding of the order numbers didn't start at one, but it is going well and the total is well clear of the bike value. Given that a lot of guys took multiple entries the order number wouldn't be a good guide even if they did run from one.

Yes, current Tallboy colours are hideous imo. (Sorry Rush Sports. I know you only sell 'em.) The gloss black is the better of the two, but will attract dust like crazy.

"Will attract dust like crazy"...are we talking about the Tallboy mountain bike or is there an executive sedan with the same name that I'm not aware of? :D :D 

"Will attract dust like crazy"...are we talking about the Tallboy mountain bike or is there an executive sedan with the same name that I'm not aware of? :D :D

I get your point.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  However, my matte black Tallboy traveled to races in the SUV instead of on the bike rack due to dust issue.  It looks bad when you arrive at a race with a bike that looks like it does not get taken care of.

I get your point.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  However, my matte black Tallboy traveled to races in the SUV instead of on the bike rack due to dust issue.  It looks bad when you arrive at a race with a bike that looks like it does not get taken care of.

Hey man, I also like a clean bike so I shouldn't judge. Besides, the number of pictures of my bike on my phone can't be normal so let me not pretend :D

...but it is going well and the total is well clear of the bike value.

This makes me excited for Tokai! 

Guys, I can't thank and commend you enough for the support this competition has gained! As a spoiled brat when it comes to trails (living in KZN) it is fantastic to see how people from across SA have come together to get behind this competition. I understand that the prize is attractive, but the movement here goes beyond that and speaks to the community that we have formed as cyclists.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts and feedback as to how we can do more activities like this to generate funds for local trails, as well as what trail centers you believe are most deserving and / or in need of fund raising in this manner? Feel free to post on here or DM me?

Guys, I can't thank and commend you enough for the support this competition has gained! As a spoiled brat when it comes to trails (living in KZN) it is fantastic to see how people from across SA have come together to get behind this competition. I understand that the prize is attractive, but the movement here goes beyond that and speaks to the community that we have formed as cyclists.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts and feedback as to how we can do more activities like this to generate funds for local trails, as well as what trail centers you believe are most deserving and / or in need of fund raising in this manner? Feel free to post on here or DM me?

Thank you for getting involved with this initiative. Offering a huge prize like this is very generous, and gets the attention of everyone (which is what you wanted to achieve).

Looking forward to more of this kind of stuff in the future  :thumbup:

Making this an annual event for Tokai would be a good start  :D

Well, it would be fantastic if someone could build us a few mountains in North-West so we can actually have trails :P You guys are so lucky.

Seriously though, and I apologise for the highjack, we should also support Hubbers when the situation warrants. There is no fancy prize, but please would everyone consider contributing to FRAIL's medical expenses. He does good in the community an now he needs our help.