S-Works worth it?

ScaredShiftless

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I upgraded my Epic Expert to an Epic Sworks.

It was more a factor of wanting an RS1 fork than the Sworks brand.

In my opinion, having ridden both. The extra money is not worth the change from a frame perspective.

I am not any faster on the Sworks, but I enjoy riding it more, if that makes sense.

Weirdly, it does make sense! I guess it just feels more "special"...?

I rode a 2014 Epic Marathon(10m Carbon), and it was warranteed with the 2015 frame(11m Carbon). The 2015 Marathon frame was the same as the S-Works frame.

To be honest from a frame perspective you will not notice the difference between a Expert/Pro frame and a S-Works frame.

If you want the bragging rights, get the S-Works. If you want to be smart about it get the Expert and upgrade the wheels and other bits as you go along... Your wallet will thank you

I hear you Rudi. Thanks for the advice.

Just buy the S-Works... it like asking people who own an Toyota if you should get the 4x2 or 4x4... costs more sure, but if you get the cheaper version, you will always be left wondering... is it better? (What if i get stuck  :eek: ) Everyone has a different perspective on which model of bike to buy, so only you will know if it makes a difference.... best thing is to test ride each model and then decide

serious how long is a piece of string thread, page 2 and no one has mentioned diminishing returns yet!

serious how long is a piece of string thread, page 2 and no one has mentioned diminishing returns yet!

Or finance as a viable option.

PS: OP, run now before Myles starts giving you RA advice.  :whistling:

Edited by Patchelicious

WHY CAN'T ANYBODY WAIT TILL FRIDAY ANYMORE!!!!!!! THIS IS WORKING ON MY NERVES!!!!!!

Seriously though dude, if you've got the money, just buy the S-works. You've probably worked your butt off to be able to purchase a 130K bike, so you might as well get the full bragging rights(and awesomeness) out of it.

WOW ! results of this thread actually surprise me .... especially the feedback from owners.

then again ... law of diminishing returns .... the mid range bikes are cheap by comparison, and already VERY good .... 

Edited by ChrisF

I have a 2017 Epic Expert .... only because I couldn't afford an S-Works .

I heard that 11m carbon is "Military Grade "and is far stronger than 9m thus they can use less material and make the frame stronger and lighter !!

Any carbon experts who can confirm this ??

My 2c .... get the S-Works if you can afford it !!

Also had an 2015 S-Works, The carbon wheels are really nice and noticeable and yes you get a little houding riding it. 

But would a model below the S-Works suffice, definitely. 

If you got the extra cash go for it. but if not don't break your back trying to do so.

Edited by Cav'