2017 UCI Road World Champs Bergen 16-24 September

Gen

I am not holding my breath - yes he has done well on the shorter events but don't think he can pull of a grand tour win, for a number of reasons,  But hey, happy to be proved wrong and wish him all the best otherwise.

Other guys like Valverde, Cav and others got injured badly at the same but one still gets news - why the media blackout on Richie? or is he in hiding?

Have you looked at his facebook page? Seems to suggest he was back on a bike on 14 Aug......

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you looked at his facebook page? Seems to suggest he was back on a bike on 14 Aug......

Not as yet, I not that active on FB but do read a lot of on-line news,  even did some searching last night and there was a bit that he was back on his bike in August. Maybe he is taking a break from competition for the rest of the season. will make a come back at the TDU.

This World's TT course would have suited him. Which is why I was asking after him.

Edited by kosmonooit

Disagree. Totally, He might not be Mr Charming but he listened a lot, did a lot including improving the lot of Women's Cycling (ie World Tour, UCI TV Coverage) and he inherited an inherently corrupt organisation which he did move forward in many aspects and disciplines.

We will see about the President Elect how much better he does. Conflicted position and clash of interests with the monopolistic ASO might be one problem.

Maybe the big vote against Cookie was also a Brexit fall-out ...really can't say how anyone finger him for wrongdoing unlike his predecessor.

Cookson did nothing as President and barely anything for womens cycling. Never was around when large pressing matters needed to be addressed and and and.

predecessor was corrupt yes, but at least he did something.

I am not holding my breath - yes he has done well on the shorter events but don't think he can pull of a grand tour win, for a number of reasons,  But hey, happy to be proved wrong and wish him all the best otherwise.

Other guys like Valverde, Cav and others got injured badly at the same but one still gets news - why the media blackout on Richie? or is he in hiding?

Blackout media on Richie? Hey? No dude this is like saying he is too scared to race Worlds in your previous post. 

Men U23

It is soggy out there.

No rain at the moment.

Can we expect similar conditions for the Elite races?

Reminds me of that wet one a few years ago with two Spaniards and one Portuguese rider on the podium.

Men U23

Spain leading the chase 

Break at 30 secs

Peloton strung out

40 km to go

Roads damp.

Exciting finalé  :w00t:

@Gen

“He had some throat pain coming back from Canada, but nothing more that,” Sagan’s coach Patxi Vila told VeloNews. “I wouldn’t even say he was sick, he was training as normal.

“It was spun out of control and perhaps the wrong message got out there. It’s Peter, people want to know. Everything is going well, though.

“He’s back in Europe. Yesterday he trained well and he’s finishing his last big block before Sunday.”

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/09/news/bora-refutes-reports-says-sagan-healthy-bergen-worlds_448541#bTH2zz5Hx7trPfXK.99

What lost it for Cookson?
There’s a line in a James Bond film when 007 is surprised to learn someone wants him dead. “Who would pay a million dollars to have me killed?” he asks only for his boss “M” to reply “Jealous husbands! Outraged chefs! Humiliated tailors! The list is endless!” The same goes for Cookson, albeit without the violence. He had achievements – more of which in a minute – but racked up failures:

READ 

http://inrng.com/2017/09/cookson-lappartient-uci-president/#more-32275

@Gen

“He had some throat pain coming back from Canada, but nothing more that,” Sagan’s coach Patxi Vila told VeloNews. “I wouldn’t even say he was sick, he was training as normal.

“It was spun out of control and perhaps the wrong message got out there. It’s Peter, people want to know. Everything is going well, though.

“He’s back in Europe. Yesterday he trained well and he’s finishing his last big block before Sunday.”

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/09/news/bora-refutes-reports-says-sagan-healthy-bergen-worlds_448541#bTH2zz5Hx7trPfXK.99

Phew

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Under 23 - men's

Gold - Benoit Cosnefroy (France)

Silver- Lennard Kamna (Germany)

Bronze- Michael Svendgaard (Denmark)

Edited by Cippo