2017 UCI Road World Champs Bergen 16-24 September

Gen

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

course for next year is not going to see big sprinters even entering - maybe Richie will take it?!

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2017/09/20/2/2018_world_championships_innsbruck_road_race_profile_670.jpg

course for next year is not going to see big sprinters even entering - maybe Richie will take it?!

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2017/09/20/2/2018_world_championships_innsbruck_road_race_profile_670.jpg

They should of finished on that last red spike at the top.

Check the finish. .Nibali and Valverde liking their lips.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Check the finish. .Nibali and Valverde liking their lips.

I thought exactly that as well, but watching Kwiatowski descend this year throws him into the mix too.... I would love to see that boy with the bit between his teeth. Classy bike rider

Happy days... the sport is drifting again - hopefully this guy delivers on promises

I read an interview with him about some of the things he wants to change.. one of the things is to 100% make anti doping independent. .it is testing is done independently if a rider tests positive, results go to UCI and they decide whether or not to give a sanction, that opens a door for corruption...I can nogal think that that happens. .I'll try find the article again and post the link.

Also this..[emoji116]

c2a9730a5667d47de5a61a1a886c76bb.jpg

Edited by Gen

It is impressive what the interwebs can come up with some days... Bike racing at that level takes big kahuna's. Most people seriously aren't cut out for even being pro, let alone at the kind of level Richie has ridden. He'll be back, he'll be hungry - looking forward to it! 

I am not holding my breath - yes he has done well on the shorter events but don't think he can pull of a grand tour win, for a number of reasons,  But hey, happy to be proved wrong and wish him all the best otherwise.

Other guys like Valverde, Cav and others got injured badly at the same but one still gets news - why the media blackout on Richie? or is he in hiding?

Cookson is out. 

He goes beyond the measure of being totally incompetent in what he was meant to do. He was totally and utterly useless.

Cheers, see you never.

Disagree. Totally, He might not be Mr Charming but he listened a lot, did a lot including improving the lot of Women's Cycling (ie World Tour, UCI TV Coverage) and he inherited an inherently corrupt organisation which he did move forward in many aspects and disciplines.

We will see about the President Elect how much better he does. Conflicted position and clash of interests with the monopolistic ASO might be one problem.

Maybe the big vote against Cookie was also a Brexit fall-out ...really can't say how anyone finger him for wrongdoing unlike his predecessor.

I read an interview with him about some of the things he wants to change.. one of the things is to 100% make anti doping independent. .it is testing is done independently if a rider tests positive, results go to UCI and they decide whether or not to give a sanction, that opens a door for corruption...I can nogal think that that happens. .I'll try find the article again and post the link.

Also this..[emoji116]

c2a9730a5667d47de5a61a1a886c76bb.jpg

I think the current situation is ripe for corruption... but yeah, who can we trust. Everyone with a finger in the pie has something to lose from doping scandals. When he says independent, I am kind of hoping for that to mean they do it all, handing down sentences etc based on strict criteria. I'll believe it when I see it though

ever wonder why a frenchie has never come close to winning le tour? if they are

caught doping they do time in jail

"Never come close to winning". Okay, so maybe you dont consider third (Bardet, 2016 & Pinot, 2014) close to winning. Better than third is...second (Bardet, 2017). Now if you dont consider second close to winning, I'm not sure what options we have left, because if you get any closer to winning, you come first, which is literally winning.

Or does "Frenchie" mean something other than, French national?

I am not holding my breath - yes he has done well on the shorter events but don't think he can pull of a grand tour win, for a number of reasons,  But hey, happy to be proved wrong and wish him all the best otherwise.

Other guys like Valverde, Cav and others got injured badly at the same but one still gets news - why the media blackout on Richie? or is he in hiding?

I hear you, he's never managed to keep it together for three weeks, something always goes wrong... but I got the feeling he was past that this year until his lekker little OTB at 60kays an hour. There wasn't much he could do though in all honesty... 

But yeah, maybe more wishful thinking on my part... the more big fish competing, the better the racing I generally find. Froome, Dumoulin, Quintana, Porte and Bardet all at the top of their games dicing it out in France would be great