Convertible Enduro Helmets

Yo-Yo

There are a few places running out the Uvex for R2110. We have a sales conference in Germany so I might purchase one there and save on the extra charges. If they do not have stock or if it does not suit my head I think that the Proframe might be the best option as I have a good open face. Is there a local outlet where you can try view the Leatt Enduro

Local spot...Evo had the AM version. As for the enduro version...Dunno as most of them have already been taken up. Contact Bibi here, he will likely know of somewhere. I think also that The Hanger bike co at Helderberg had one.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local spot...Evo had the AM version. As for the enduro version...Dunno as most of them have already been taken up. Contact Bibi here, he will likely know of somewhere. I think also that The Hanger bike co at Helderberg had one.

We've got one landing in the next day or so if you're Town / Southern burbs side.

We've got one landing in the next day or so if you're Town / Southern burbs side.

Well there you go, Droo to the rescue again :)

csm_41080104_b4aea541e0.jpg

I've got to look for a new helmet due to some recent circumstances (my own twattyness) and I know I might get branded as a SA traitor but I like the look of this one. I was going to ask for some normal lid advice but this whole convertible thing has me thinking. 

Where is this R2K place you speak of???? 

I'll avoid any mention of my like of this one on certain Whatapp groups as it is the national day of Leatt in SA today and it's making me a wee bit Jealous. 

I've got to look for a new helmet due to some recent circumstances (my own twattyness) and I know I might get branded as a SA traitor but I like the look of this one. I was going to ask for some normal lid advice but this whole convertible thing has me thinking. 

I'll avoid any mention of my like of this one on certain Whatapp groups as it is the national day of Leatt in SA today and it's making me a wee bit Jealous. 

Tsek jy  :whistling:

Stop crashing so hard!

I know you're an instant gratification kinda guy. So.. leatt, available now and testable for fit.

I've got a switchblade, its extremely comfortable and very safe but i think it nearly gave me heatstroke at jonkershoek on sunday (to be fair 35deg is enough to straight up give you heatstroke)

its biggest pro is how easy the jaw is to carry around, i had the super 2r before it and left the jaw at home a lot because i couldnt find a comfortable way of carrying it without a pack. with the switchblade i can just stuff the jaw in my pants and be good to go.

the best protection is the protection you wear, and dont put a budget on your brain.

I'm really torn atm.

My A1 is almost 4 years old so it's time for a fresh lid.  To me the obvious thing would be to buy a convertible lid so that I have the option to go FF for certain trails and the odd Enduro.

But, it's R3800 for the Leatt (which to me is the obvious choice) and I'll be using the chin bar on maybe 10% of my rides vs half that price for the AM version.

I'm just not convinced yet that I'll be using it enough to warrant paying double.  Yes, that one time you need it it'll be worth every cent, but I could just as easy set that argument off against the fact that I'll now be running a FF at speed with no neck brace, so what implications flow from that hypothetically speaking (seeing as we're now in the realm of justifying expenses with what ifs).

I'm leaning towards the AM to be honest.

I look at these and at rim protectors (foamo/huck norris) with longing wonderment but the truth is I don't go fast enough to warrant buying any of it!

I'm pretty sure I could hit a wall at full speed and not even go over the bars!!!

But if I was fast enough I would buy whichever helmet had the colour scheme to match my shoes and doesn't look like the love child of a groovy 90's disco and a colour run.

The concept of a convertible is nice. But lugging aroun a chin-piece is lame. I think helmets like the Proframe and Parachute are the future. Our climate is unfortunately too hot.

The concept of a convertible is nice. But lugging aroun a chin-piece is lame. I think helmets like the Proframe and Parachute are the future. Our climate is unfortunately too hot.

Ja, I'd literally die riding in the Boland with a FF on all the time.  One of the main reasons I'm moving away from the A1 is it's propensity to mimic a microwave oven for your brain.

• 1 month later...

Hey Gents. We are officially landing the Jakkyl into S.A this week coming. Uvex are now officially bringing in the cycling range and no longer just the safety side of things. Select few distributors have access to supply the market now. Should you need any info on the range let me know. Jakkyl is landing in S.A. at just under R3500 tho. Not as cheap as import but local supply and you can fit as well. Cheers. Btw mail is luke@pienaarbros.co.za. happy hunting ????

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know by any chance where I can get a Bell Super DH visor screw from. Mine seems to have disappeared on my brand new helmet, I don’t think they come with them very tight, I didn’t even think to check if they come out.

post-43047-0-74446500-1538306130_thumb.jpeg

Bell don't import them, but I wonder if they're the same as the Super 2 / 3 visor screws? In which case, give it a try. Otherwise, as a hack, a hex bolt with a large washer... So it doesn't go flippy flappy. 

Archived