chicks dig scars, bruises heal...

Shebeen

and memories live forever....

ok, we know they do. But now that I'm in my 30's, got enough from my 20's and not really looking for more chicks beyond the one i pay to do lots of things on a contratual basis. I need to sort out my scars. Nothing seems to heal anymore, even the simplest of wipeouts ends up with a permanent marker.

apart from Bio-Oil, does anyone have any good muti to put on once the scabs fall off.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, we know they do. But now that I'm in my 30's, got enough from my 20's and not really looking for more chicks beyond the one i pay to do lots of things on a contratual basis. I need to sort out my scars. Nothing seems to heal anymore, even the simplest of wipeouts ends up with a permanent marker.

apart from Bio-Oil, does anyone have any good muti to put on once the scabs fall off.

Go and play in the surf with your surfboard. Seawater is magic stuff.

Edited by Moridin

That it most definitely is, unless you get the scar when you are in the sea in which case it takes forever to heal.

Both Bio oil and sea water are good advice . Once on holiday in the Cape i  had a spill and decides the Bio oil the salt water did a good job . The scabs washed off easier and left no permanent scare .

the other bit of advice (the human medics will pop by now now) - is not to to let the wound dry out to fast to quickly.

you want to keep the area as clean, but as moist as possible. New skin likes to grow in yummy wet enviorments and not dry hard sterile environments.

try not let scabs forms by keeping everything wet. if scabs do form, keep them on as long as possible.

post-86802-0-20710900-1507828295_thumb.jpg

This isn't a joke btw...

the other bit of advice (the human medics will pop by now now) - is not to to let the wound dry out to fast to quickly.

you want to keep the area as clean, but as moist as possible. New skin likes to grow in yummy wet enviorments and not dry hard sterile environments.

try not let scabs forms by keeping everything wet. if scabs do form, keep them on as long as possible.

Sounds like you want him to grow mushrooms :whistling:

you want to keep the area as clean, but as moist as possible. New skin likes to grow in yummy wet enviorments and not dry hard sterile environments.

^^^ This.

I rode motocross and downhill as a teen, had lots and lots of roasties, but luckily a very clever pharmacist mother. She always made me put this plaster on that seals the area around the wound (with some sort of ointmemt underneath the plaster), that keeps the whole area moist. Just clean and re-apply daily for a week or so - you will be surprised how quickly skin grows back without any permanent scarring.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

But now that I'm in my 30's, 

You're nearly 40.... still 'in your 30's, but closer to 40!

Take all this advice in and make a list, you are going to need it all for your son! The H-bomb is a menace

I spent a week in hospital after one of my more spectacular wipeouts, I had some sort of clear dressing stuck over my roasties - after about 10days, I peeled them off & was amazed to find healed up pink skin underneath. No scabs No changing dressings, no methiolate torture, no sticking to the sheets at night - wish I found out what they used.......

I spent a week in hospital after one of my more spectacular wipeouts, I had some sort of clear dressing stuck over my roasties - after about 10days, I peeled them off & was amazed to find healed up pink skin underneath. No scabs No changing dressings, no methiolate torture, no sticking to the sheets at night - wish I found out what they used.......

I also saw that stuff recently, can't remember the name, it behaves like skin and promotes healing.

Good old Methylated Spirits. Think my mother used it on me as a kid for payback. Burns the crap out of you, but works wonders.  Skin heals quickly, even under the roasties. Had a nice one on Saturday in the rain, and the hip has 75% of the skin back!  Knee done, elbow as good as new. No infections, apply once a day! And I am 50!

Edited by Wimpieva

All of the scars I have are from cycling, and there are plenty of them...

After much trial and error, I now use Micropore or hydrofilm on all of my cuts, wounds and abrasions and haven't had a scar left behind since. 

Clean up with your antiseptics, and then choose a dressing:

The Hydrofilm or similar, is a transparent, stretchy dressing that you can shower with etc. - its similar or the same stuff they stick on you after surgery. Costs about R15-30 bucks a patch but its well worth it.

The Micropore for me is my go-to solution. It basically becomes an insta-scab and you just heal up underneath it. Re-dress the wound every 2 days or you will smell like a rotting corpse. Keep doing this until your skin is nice and pink and regaining colour, then vitamin E oil or similar once you stop dressing it.

The trick I have found is to not let the wound dry out. If it dries it becomes tough around the edges of the scab and leaves a scar pretty much immediately. Give your body an artificial scab, let it heal up underneath and no more scabs from crashes and falls!