Tour de France 2018

gummibear

[emoji1303]

There are similarities in how they race sky train same as the USP team in the way they ride the race, that is sure..but just cleaner..(we think or hope time will tell who knows this is cycling after all) their focus was only the TDF the other races were I suppose to look like they were trying.

Sky's model is built on the USP model minus the EPO and other bloodwork.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/quote

Yeah similarities..both teams had a single minded focus on supporting a leader that is the best in the business of winning GT's.They put everything they have behind him and make sure they leave little to chance.

The rest..well they want to be good at everything...so they suck a bit when they come up against Sky in the tour.

But lets not forget they have had many duds over the years..took them 5 years to win Vuelta and Giro.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[emoji1303]

There are similarities in how they race sky train same as the USP team in the way they ride the race, that is sure..but just cleaner..(we think or hope time will tell who knows this is cycling after all) their focus was only the TDF the other races were I suppose to look like they were trying.

Sky's model is built on the USP model minus the EPO and other bloodwork.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/quote

Yeah similarities..both teams had a single minded focus on supporting a leader that is the best in the business of winning GT's.They put everything they have behind him and make sure they leave little to chance.

The rest..well they want to be good at everything...so they suck a bit when they come up against Sky in the tour.

But lets not forget they have had many duds over the years..took them 5 years to win Vuelta and Giro.

Like i said they hire the best people for the GT job.. it does help that they can afford to do so.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ame="nochain" post="3350960" timestamp="1531992397"]Like i said they hire the best people for the GT job.. it does help that they can afford to do so.

Certainly would not be able to do it with the DDD budget..????

And it would not have been fun if all the teams was this focussed on the tour..who is going to smash all the other races.

But would be good to have a real rival for Sky..Movistar has the money and the riders..but they just don't look like they trying hard enough.

Now back to the stage today...

Nairo kinda likes this hairpin climb today...the 2 times he has attacked in the TDF was on it.. took a fair amount of time.

Certainly would not be able to do it with the DDD budget..[emoji21]

And it would not have been fun if all the teams was this focussed on the tour..who is going to smash all the other races.

But would be good to have a real rival for Sky..Movistar has the money and the riders..but they just don't look like they trying hard enough.

They ride a different style to sky..they are never going to beat them at their own game..they did try something yesterday... now i am still wondering if that was a full out commitment or if that was a ploy to tire Sky..okay it didn't work it backfired but they at least did something....

I can see Sunweb maybe adopt a similar Sky tactic in the future.. TD is still young they have a indefinite sponsor so who knows maybe the answer to sky is sunweb...

Lets see if Thomas pays for his efforts today...

Quintana has to come out today..its his type of climb and he has the legs to do it.

He hates the high tempo climbs like yesterday..but today he has no excuses.

Rigoberto Uran has withdrawn from the 2018 Tour de France ahead of the start of stage 12 on Tuesday. The Colombian crashed heavily on Sunday’s Roubaix stage, resulting in pain his left leg and arm and compromising his ability to pedal.

EF Education First – Drapac p/b Cannondale harbored hope for a rest day recovery, but the effects of the crash lingered.

“Today I have to share some bad news,” said Uran. “I didn’t recover after the crash. Yesterday in the first real climb, all day, there was pain in my body.”

“The most important thing is the rider’s health,” said head sport director Charly Wegelius. “Rigo hasn’t recovered from his crash on the cobbled stage, and his position on the bike is compromised and could create further issues down the line,” Wegelius said. “We along with Rigo felt it best to pull out of the Tour this morning so he can recover and look toward the remainder of the season.

“Ultimately this decision comes down to the rider,” Wegelius added. “If a rider wants to continue the race, we look to ways to do that safely. If a rider feels it best to pull out, we do not push them to continue.”

Prior to Uran’s crash, EF Education First – Drapac p/b Cannondale had enjoyed a strong first week in the Tour. Highlights included reaching the finish on the right side of several splits in the bunch throughout the opening week, exceeding expectations in the team time trial and a quick reaction to a mass pile-up in the closing kilometers of stage four. Uran had worked his way up to sixth overall ahead of stage nine before tumbling out of general classification contention following the crash.

“It’s difficult for me and also for my team,” said Uran. “We prepared for this Tour, all season we were focused on the Tour. Sometimes this happens, and this time, I think it’s the best decision for me to recover and to recover well.”

Uran’s exit signals a shift in tactics for #PinkArgyle. The team’s Tour squad had been built around Uran, who finished second in the 2017 Tour de France. The riders chosen to support Uran’s quest to win the Tour will now target stages in the 10 remaining stages. It’s a familiar approach for the American-registered squad.

“We’ll miss Rigo of course – he’s a great leader and a wonderful presence to have on the bus and with the staff,” said team CEO Jonathan Vaughters. “We look forward to getting him back healthy for the rest of the season. The guys that remain are fighters, and we have some chances coming up in the mountains. For us, another Tour begins today.”

e8abe552-1e88-48be-843e-24341605c544.jpg

So that raises the question, does having a cool classics style stage in the first week worth losing 2 of the main podium challengers?

Heart says Bardet, head says Froome today.

Lol

yesterday Moscon, Poels and Bernal looked to be on a off day.. Moscon was dropped twice where they waited for him to get back to continue setting pace, Poels really looked to be struggling and his turn didn't last as long as normal. Bernal couldn't even do a turn and Kwaito had to do his and Bernal's turns.. so let's see what the steam train looks like today.

Lets see if Thomas pays for his efforts today...

Quintana has to come out today..its his type of climb and he has the legs to do it.

He hates the high tempo climbs like yesterday..but today he has no excuses.

I'd really like to see NQ come to the party for once. Shake everything up. Not sure the riders like the shakeups, but we sure do... Go NQ is what I say!!

So that raises the question, does having a cool classics style stage in the first week worth losing 2 of the main podium challengers?

You know years ago cobbles and dirt was a common occurrence in the TDF.... so it was a bit of a throw back TDF route this year..

Anycase next year it starts in Belgium and guess what apparently part of the Flanders route will be in it[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Other news, Sagan getting a divorce.

What is that zooming sound I hear? Oh, it's just Gen making her way to France!

Archived