Tour de France 2018

gummibear

This could well turn out like 2006.

In the days leading up to the start of the race various names, some of them race favorites, where linked to "Operación Puerto" and dropped from the start list.

My son and I were driving from the UK to Strasbourg, in the days before proper internet on mobile phones, and my mates in the UK were texting me as more names were released. It was a nightmare. In the end we only stayed a few days before returning home. Of course the race ended with the Floyd Landis farce.

This has the potential to be a monumental **** up.

Sad days indeed.

Its been a while since we had a doping related drama unfold in the week before the Tour.

Nothing like a scandal to whip up the frenzy and hype

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically the UCI commissaires kicked Sagan out...ASO distanced themselves from that very fast...but ja.. the French again[emoji6]

The ASO love this ***. Last year kicking Sagan out. This year this. The ASO should start by kicking our actual proven dopers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Its been a while since we had a doping related drama unfold in the week before the Tour.

Nothing like a scandal to whip up the frenzy and hype

Rather before than during.

Aaah remember the old rest day doping dramas..

News from nationals.

KITTEL is crap

An unhappy Quintana has just been overheard saying "but then who am I going to follow around France for three weeks"

News from nationals.

KITTEL is crap

Ahhh jeez man. 3rd time this week I've had to clean my computer screen.

News from nationals.

KITTEL is crap

I see Cav is matchinghim pedal stroke for pedal stroke. Cav missed the break and DNF'd in a B class field at Brit Nats....

I see Cav is matchinghim pedal stroke for pedal stroke. Cav missed the break and DNF'd in a B class field at Brit Nats....

[emoji102] crazy game of anything you can't do I can't do better?

And last week Sagan had a little solo breakaway of 95km to claim the Slovak title during the Slovak/Czech nationals.... think we will once again see a lot of Sagan in the breakaway during the TDF when the road starts doing funny things.

[emoji102] crazy game of anything you can't do I can't do better?

And last week Sagan had a little solo breakaway of 95km to claim the Slovak title during the Slovak/Czech nationals.... think we will once again see a lot of Sagan in the breakaway during the TDF when the road starts doing funny things.

Will be DQ'ed due to Salbutamol in his hair product, which is magnetic and attracts him to the boards in the Sprint zone.

I can see Sagan taking that cobbled stage, and possibly that earlier one in Brittany with some bumps.

Although if Froome is banned, I will have to get over that first before I 'see' anything TdF related ... what a farcical debacle it will be.

If Chris is prevented from starting maybe Sky will send that other young Columbian climbing sensation? Young as he is, he might just feature.

And I think Gaviria and the young uns the rest of the sprints. Thing is with sprinters, shelf life is very limited.

Kicking Sagan out of the Tour last year didn’t help Demare, kicking Froome out this year won’t help Bardet either.

Although if Froome is banned, I will have to get over that first before I 'see' anything TdF related ... what a farcical debacle it will be.

You don't fully get over it..it will take a long time..but I am here to talk if you need to.[emoji6]

Archived