Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Yeah, the French public... Dont worry we are sending some Savages over to watch the tour this year, will give them a stun gun for the Frenchies that step out of line :P

Please send a few photos / videos of said "stunning"  :whistling:  :whistling:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...

Back to racing talk:

Froome and Sky are still the team to beat.

The others are going to have to change their tactics because what they have been trying the past couple of years hasn't worked.

You need to get Froomey on the back foot early on in the race in my opinion to have any chance against him, plus then it will be more exciting with another Froomster Giro-like attack in the final week.

The TTT on stage 3 is going to give someone a significant disadvantage to have to fight back against, but that someone will not be Froomey, they will be at the pointy end of things.

So...

Back to racing talk:

Froome and Sky are still the team to beat.

The others are going to have to change their tactics because what they have been trying the past couple of years hasn't worked.

You need to get Froomey on the back foot early on in the race in my opinion to have any chance against him, plus then it will be more exciting with another Froomster Giro-like attack in the final week.

The TTT on stage 3 is going to give someone a significant disadvantage to have to fight back against, but that someone will not be Froomey, they will be at the pointy end of things.

Think Froome may try gain time during the first 2 weeks and may start feeling the Giro legs in week 3.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Think Froome may try gain time during the first 2 weeks and may start feeling the Giro legs in week 3.

I reckon Sky will be going full gas in the TTT to make give Froome some bonus time. Free time using all of Sky's legs instead if just Froomes. Winner winner.

I reckon Sky will be going full gas in the TTT to make give Froome some bonus time. Free time using all of Sky's legs instead if just Froomes. Winner winner.

Will see hey, hopefully the racing will be nice and open and go down to the end.

Can't wait to hear from The Badger on this one. I half expect him to still turn up at the start with a crowd and some pitchforks. 

I wonder if Chris will shake hands with him on the podium....

Let's see how the French public will handle the news...and the actual race, hope they accept the final outcome and not do anything rash.

Hope UCI have a bodyguard that can keep up with Froome.

Do you also eagerly anticipate Fast and the Furious sequels hoping the new one will be better than the last disappointment?

Sorry, replying the GreyHubs re Nairo and Movistar

Well I'm glad the whole Froome drama is over....it's all racing now...clean or not...bring it on guys... :)

Do you also eagerly anticipate Fast and the Furious sequels hoping the new one will be better than the last disappointment?

Sorry, replying the GreyHubs re Nairo and Movistar

As you can tell, I don't know much about road racing and TDF, hence the reason I like Froome :ph34r:

But this year, I'm voting for the underdogs - Nairo/Movistar. 

If nothing else, for a more competitive race!

With CF being cleared by UCI it's GAME ON!

Knowing that CF's legs will probably really feel the Giro going into week three (assuming he is in the running at that stage), I'm looking forward to seeing the various team strategies including Sky's from the outset.....

Any thoughts/predictions for week one? 

As you can tell, I don't know much about road racing and TDF, hence the reason I like Froome :ph34r:

But this year, I'm voting for the underdogs - Nairo/Movistar. 

If nothing else, for a more competitive race!

I would not be unhappy if Froome had some issue and Thomas or Bernal were given free reign to ride to win!

I wonder if Chris will shake hands with him on the podium....

I would if I were him; I'd be the better man.

BUT only after properly missing the sample bottle and soaking everything form the wrist forwards and forgetting to wash it off.

Archived