Tour de France 2018

gummibear

John, was this a drunk message? I think I managed to work out what you were trying to say though.

Hahaha, now that I read it, it does seem like I had hit the bottle. But basically go stay in Arreua and you can watch lank of the Tour Pyrenees stages. 

Stay at "Balcons de la Nest" whilst you at it.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so does TomD go for this one?

TTT good.

ITT not really his type, but he'll handle it.

cobbles probably not an issue

3 uphill finishes - less than normal.

but does he have the firepower in Sunweb to take on Sky?

Yes he does and the route suites him well in relative terms. Giant are strong, underrated but strong, they will be better come Tour time. I really Believe TD will be able to win this and is a major threat to Chris. 

With Barguil and Kelderman he has some very good support, will it be enough though? 

Barguil has gone to a PC team and is allowed freedom, he wasn't allowed it at Giant with TD as earned leader. He also doesn't play well with others.

Didn't he leave them for some small french outfit?

Correct. 

So based on the route, who does it suit/not suit?

(I haven't seen the preview yet...)

Backing TD all the way on this route and Tour. 

The French would love a French winner and  Romain Bardet would be a favourite  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

ox·y·mo·ron

ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/
noun

1. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

Hahaha, now that I read it, it does seem like I had hit the bottle. But basically go stay in Arreua and you can watch lank of the Tour Pyrenees stages. 

Stay at "Balcons de la Nest" whilst you at it.

Booked thanks for the tip

Booked thanks for the tip

You will love it, well done. Hate you right now but will get over it soon.

If you want some route info let me know happily send you info.

Meanwhile, this guy is back in the saddle in a race after his big crash at TdF17

Phew! Really glad he's oraait. 

Kramon_TdF2016_st18_DSC7916-Version-2.jp

@JohnWakefield

Tell me that French sprinter on the left is not your long lost twin bro'

20171017TDF0009.jpg

Hahaha, you no how many times I honestly get told or asked that.

Yes he does and the route suites him well in relative terms. Giant are strong, underrated but strong, they will be better come Tour time. I really Believe TD will be able to win this and is a major threat to Chris.

Barguil has gone to a PC team and is allowed freedom, he wasn't allowed it at Giant with TD as earned leader. He also doesn't play well with others.

Correct.

Backing TD all the way on this route and Tour.

my conspiracy theory. Giro would love froome to come ride in '18 and he would hold all grand tour titles concurrently. They could dangle the carrot of a route tailor made for him. That would be a serious upset to the status quo.

my conspiracy theory. Giro would love froome to come ride in '18 and he would hold all grand tour titles concurrently. They could dangle the carrot of a route tailor made for him. That would be a serious upset to the status quo.

My question is though, would he risk it with the chance of a 5th Tour de France hanging in the air? My speculation is he may do what he did this year, Tour and Vuelta double. .  . Then attempt it the year after. . . Sky's priority is the Tour as well, so they may weigh in on that as well.

My question is though, would he risk it with the chance of a 5th Tour de France hanging in the air? My speculation is he may do what he did this year, Tour and Vuelta double. . . Then attempt it the year after. . . Sky's priority is the Tour as well, so they may weigh in on that as well.

No ways Froome will do the Giro next year, it will be all in for his attempt to win his 5th TDF title.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No ways Froome will do the Giro next year, it will be all in for his attempt to win his 5th TDF title.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yup, only when he gives up on winning Le Tour will he do the Giro, but I am sure he will try at some point, hope its not too late.

Archived