Scammer: AVermaak 0736403926 0833380586 0735571325 0719242226 0780588679 0632361766

Matt

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears this guy has returned  :cursing: 

His latest alias and phone number: sfourieft, 0719242226

His typical MO is to respond to wanted ads claiming to have the product you're after. He seems to prefer payment via CashSend / Ewallet and similar "account less" services offered by the banks.

If you spot anything suspicious in adverts or interactions please report it to us immediately via the Report button or report@bikehub.co.za

He's reared his head again!

fransj / "Francios" - 0780588679

Will somebody please just trace and bliksem him... thank you.

Surely all these cell nrs must be ricad. Anyway to check it?

RICA is an absolute farce and useless. You can buy pre-RICAd SIMs at most shebeens, spaza shops and Pakistani/Bangladeshi repair shops.

• 3 weeks later...

‭(063) 236-1766‬

New number - doing it on gumtree, same guy

Faaark. Is he still at it. Zuma will be in prison before this oke.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. This guy just got me for an item off of Gumtree. He is using the number +27632361766. I have his bank details. Surely that will count for something. This is a message from him.

U can transfer R500 into my Capitec acc and R600 to my FNB e wallet acc.

Capitec acc no 1410237352

Branch 470010

Johan van Wyk.

And for the FNB e wallet, choose the E wallet option online and my e wallet cell no is 0632361766.

I will despatch the brakes tomorrow afternoon.

Please can you help me get some justice here

I know it's a bit late now, but seriously: Get the TrueCaller app.It is brilliant for determining if there is a real person behind a number and known scammers are already flagged. I am sure it is not fool proof, but at the very least it warns you about telemarketers as well.

i ran the number through true caller. nothing comes up

That should always be a red flag. As mentioned, it is not foolproof, but in my experience the legit people pop up with real names on Truecaller 

I know it's a bit late now, but seriously: Get the TrueCaller app.It is brilliant for determining if there is a real person behind a number and known scammers are already flagged. I am sure it is not fool proof, but at the very least it warns you about telemarketers as well.

now that is a huge plus

will definitely look into the app

Hey guys. This guy just got me for an item off of Gumtree. He is using the number +27632361766. I have his bank details. Surely that will count for something. This is a message from him.

Branch 470010

Johan van Wyk.

And for the FNB e wallet, choose the E wallet option online and my e wallet cell no is 0632361766.

Report it to the police for a case number and follow it up with them. To open and maintain a bank account you have to be verified (ID, proof of residence, salary details). This is a legal requirement and If the banks cannot provide authenticity then they are failing in their duties and can be further be reported to the banking Ombudsman for action. 

Hi Brady

The only justice I had is via the banks. SAPS took the case number, but the difficulty relates to the cyber crime. They have a special "cyber crimes" division, but I don't even know how you get the case to them. The issue with regular SAPS is they would investigate a crime in the area it is reported or where the crime happened. So my issue was that nobody was interested in chasing down the guy even though I could tell them which ATM he withdrew the money from. You do always need to lay a charge though to get a case number.

My suggestion, call the bank (in your case FNB and Capitec) and tell them you have been defrauded. For the e-wallet there is no recourse, but they can block the number. For the actual account, the bank offered to freeze and close down the fraudsters account and repay the money once the legal process had run its course. This was all over the phone and took about two weeks.

Branch 470010
Johan van Wyk.

he/ they keep changing numbers & its fresh numbers for a time period then gets changed again

So.... maybe one person elects to gather as many case numbers as possible on this and present to the cops asking when it will get some proper attention

Considering the banking can be traced (incl. eWallets transactions) & ATM footage can be pulled etc.... the law enforcement is dragging its heels

So make you wonder when people take things into their own hands to deal with bliksems like this of exactly how fed-up they are with the slow process

I was almost caught out the same way on the 19/02/2018 by this guy, 0632361766.

Luckily I checked the scammers list on BikeHub before concluding the deal. He advertised a Garmin and Brakes on Gumtree.

This needs to STOP.

Archived