Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

I saw a rider in the Cradle earlier this week. Full sky kit, TT bike, a follow ASG car.......couldn't clock who it was as I was on my last interval. Maybe?

was possibly Froome - he was in the Cradle yesterday but has already flown out to Aus for a few days (apparently)

Edited by Cruzer17

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks as if King Louis has confirmed :thumbup:  :thumbup:

From what I recall, the Maincheese will be focusing on the Giro and Vuelta for the next 2 years, with the aim of getting onto the Tour podium in 2020. So top 5 in both is the goal next year.

From what I recall, the Maincheese will be focusing on the Giro and Vuelta for the next 2 years, with the aim of getting onto the Tour podium in 2020. So top 5 in both is the goal next year.

Good..I am very glad.. I really mean that.. Cav's contract will run out but until then the TDF would be a huge mistake for him..plus Giro and Vuelta much better for him to improve without all the fuss of what comes with the TDF...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

I saw a rider in the Cradle earlier this week. Full sky kit, TT bike, a follow ASG car.......couldn't clock who it was as I was on my last interval. Maybe?

Edited by coppi

Good..I am very glad.. I really mean that.. Cav's contract will run out but until then the TDF would be a huge mistake for him..plus Giro and Vuelta much better for him to improve without all the fuss of what comes with the TDF...

Exactly that. Cav's main focus is the all-time record, so they will go with a sprinters squad and focus on stage wins (exposure wise also better than a top 10 GC). And in the mean time Maincheese can improve and get the confidence up, so good plan by DD I would say. Hopefully it all works out though...

But now to the Giro. Confirmed names so far?

Mama's boy

Dobby

The cheese..

As far as I know

And Ryan Gibbons will be the lone sprinter for DD hoping to improve on 6 top tens from this year

I don’t dislike Froome, I’m just not a fan... but he’ll earn my respect for winning the “Tiger-slam” and possibly the Giro/Tour double.

Would be nice to see all his rivals taking part in both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And so it begins..

It is not unexpected and was only a matter of time before the bickering began

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/israeli-officials-threaten-giro-ditalia-support-over-west-jerusalem-reference/?utm_content=buffer8fd59&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So politically sensitive... must say I had a chuckle when I saw "West Jerusalem" on the rotating route wheel.

I'm sure Sardinia wouldn't mind hosting the first three stages.

So politically sensitive... must say I had a chuckle when I saw "West Jerusalem" on the rotating route wheel.

I'm sure Sardinia wouldn't mind hosting the first three stages.

And the Giro have made the correction and removed West part from the press release..this will be the first of many issues before now on May????????????????