Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

All I remember about their hopeful was that he sucked and got cleaned up by everyone.

And this

Démare, who was sitting in second position in the points classification at the start of the Stage 9, finished the challenging mountain stage in a group around 40 minutes behind the Stage 9 winner. That put him outside the time limit, and therefore out of the Tour de France, along with six other riders.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting Fan theory at 56.50

https://thecyclingpodcast.com/podcast/1-the-2018-season-is-off-and-running  

Goes along the theory that WADA is going to test him this Friday (19th Jan) and try to replicate the condition to get the same reaction. 

Chris seems to be doing the same and has been smashing it daily since the 31st here in SA (hot like Vuelta) and he's virtually doing a grand tour. He's nearly on the same distance now as stage 18 when the test came back and his d-day is almost here. Maybe maybe not but he's usually started his season by now down under instead he's smashing it here in a crazed training regime. 

Interesting Fan theory at 56.50

https://thecyclingpodcast.com/podcast/1-the-2018-season-is-off-and-running

Goes along the theory that WADA is going to test him this Friday (19th Jan) and try to replicate the condition to get the same reaction.

Chris seems to be doing the same and has been smashing it daily since the 31st here in SA (hot like Vuelta) and he's virtually doing a grand tour. He's nearly on the same distance now as stage 18 when the test came back and his d-day is almost here. Maybe maybe not but he's usually started his season by now down under instead he's smashing it here in a crazed training regime.

It makes sense to replicate everything...except that he has been riding at altitude...I hope he hasn't gone and dehydrated himself on purpose [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

It makes sense to replicate everything...except that he has been riding at altitude...I hope he hasn't gone and dehydrated himself on purpose [emoji102]

Wouldn’t you?

Wouldn’t you?

Well I can't think riding so many km while dehydrated is worth it..suppose what I think and what he needs to work are 2 different things[emoji6]

Well I can't think riding so many km while dehydrated is worth it..suppose what I think and what he needs to work are 2 different things[emoji6]

I think a few days dehydrated is probably better than a career ending sanction.

Swop his name for that of Sagan, then think again ????

Wouldn’t you?

Better believe I wouldn't have a drink of water on the flight to wherever the lab is in europe! If he gets banned then he'll have all the time in the world to recover.

Edited by hellocolour

Better believe I wouldn't have a drink of water on the flight to wherever the lab is in europe! If he gets banned then he'll have all the time in the world to recover.

If I was him, I would double check everything I drink.

You guys read about that rower, from Japan I think, that was banned for spiking his teamies drink with roids. Did it to get a spot on the team to Olympics.

I see very little upside for SKY in rushing to get this resolved.

Don't you think dragging this out as long as possible is just as damaging for Sky as a unit...i don't think it's doing Froome much good by dragging it out?

They should make a call or take some stance on it asap to save what little face they have left.

Yip they can if they want to..think they did it with Merxcks and someone else.. can't nt remember if it was Bert.

Whatever the outcome of this case is and if CF does get to ride TDF he better have very very thick skin.

The TDF is going to be a nightmare for Froome to say the least (both on and off the bike)!!

Don't you think dragging this out as long as possible is just as damaging for Sky as a unit...i don't think it's doing Froome much good by dragging it out?

They should make a call or take some stance on it asap to save what little face they have left.

Sky is using what is allowable to the max degree.

Dragging and stalling (so to speak) was a similar strategy in the The JiffyBag investigation with Wiggins despite serious gaps, questions and lies by Brailsford and co.

That ‘long game’ strategy has benefited them thus far.

Let’s see how this ends.

Whatever the outcome of this case is and if CF does get to ride TDF he better have very very thick skin.

The TDF is going to be a nightmare for Froome to say the least (both on and off the bike)!!

I think its in the interests of SKY and Froome to get it resolved quickly and the Giro will be the bookmark, if its not cleared up by then I doubt the Giro will allow him to start, and if they refuse his entry so will the TDF. 

The Giro organizers march to their own drum, they don't want another fiasco.  

I think a few days dehydrated is probably better than a career ending sanction.

Swop his name for that of Sagan, then think again [emoji12]

It's kind of like cheating on a test, getting the answers before you take it and hoping no-one switched the test last minute[emoji23][emoji23]

It may not mean that he is recreating the Vuelta only preparing not to flunk a test[emoji6]

He will or he won't get off ..the sun will shine the next day and life goes on.. either way he is going to have a really tough time racing in Europe...mostly in France. .well at least for 2018[emoji6]

Edited by Gen

It's kind of like cheating on a test, getting the answers before you take it and hoping no-one switched the test last minute[emoji23][emoji23]

It may not mean that he is recreating the Vuelta only preparing not to flunk a test[emoji6]

He will or he won't get off ..the sun will shine the next day and life goes on.. either way he is going to have a really tough time racing in Europe..well at least for 2018[emoji6]

Personally I dont care much, the cards will fall where they fall, but I think it should be a wake up call to all the bodies involved, teams, race organisers, sponsors, oversight bodies, everybody to learn from it and ensure pressure is created so matters are concluded with due speed and diligence and not allowed to drag on for ever. 

Sky is using what is allowable to the max degree.

Dragging and stalling (so to speak) was a similar strategy in the The JiffyBag investigation with Wiggins despite serious gaps, questions and lies by Brailsford and co.

That ‘long game’ strategy has benefited them thus far.

Let’s see how this ends.

Fully agree, I just think patience (from all facets of cycling) is running very low now with Sky/Brailsford and co.