Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CF should just suck it and deal with the consequences. Surely his performance is enhanced by using salbutamol?! If he doesn't use salbutamol his performance wil suffer and he will be dropped. If he uses it his airways open up and he can hammer. I think they should ban water and bananas as well.

It's not Friday but it is klein Saterdag.

Come on dude - there is a world of difference between years of EPO/testosterone/blood doping and a one off salbutamol overdose.

Don't be one of those guys.

Agree 100%, but we must also note the similarities in how things are unfolding... the good stuff only comes out later. It's the little smoke signals that often lead us to the truth.

Sky doing themselves zero favours... this is just another question mark to add to the list, which is starting to get rather long.

Agree 100%, but we must also note the similarities in how things are unfolding... the good stuff only comes out later. It's the little smoke signals that often lead us to the truth.

Sky doing themselves zero favours... this is just another question mark to add to the list, which is starting to get rather long.

Agreed but salbutamol isn't even illegal - even when over the maximum limit.

The only parallel you can draw between SKY and POSTAL is that they both dominated the grand tours of cycling.

Innocent unless proven guilty right? There are tons of teams with waaaaaaay worse track records than SKY. If TUE abuse is the worst "dirt" we have on SKY then I'd say they're probably the cleanest team in the world tour.

I won't lie this thought did cross my mind

Check out @DominantDomest1’s Tweet:

Friday on a Wednesday.. this will drag out for a long time.

But if this is true and they were banned for their amounts then it's a no brainer that he should be banned.

9b324d013b98bdc9345da158c8389973.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I won't lie this thought did cross my mind

Check out @DominantDomest1’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DominantDomest1/status/940860144040194048?s=09

Friday on a Wednesday.. this will drag out for a long time.

But if this is true and they were banned for their amounts then it's a no brainer that he should be banned.

9b324d013b98bdc9345da158c8389973.jpg

Now I'm really going to sound like a Froome sycophant :-)

Reading some other reports and discussions:

Petacchi was before WADA reclassified salbutamol/beta-2 agonists

Ulissi was at a time when no TUE was required/allowed.

The rules have changed since those two incidents - there is now "wiggle room" for the athlete as prescribed by WADA.

And to finalise my sycophantism  :devil:

Why stage 18? It wasn't even a mountain stage. 2 after the TT and 2 before the Angliru...makes no sense from a performance point of view. If salbutamol was so good it would have served him far better to be over the limit on 6 or 7 other stages.

Now I'm really going to sound like a Froome sycophant :-)

Reading some other reports and discussions:

Petacchi was before WADA reclassified salbutamol/beta-2 agonists

Ulissi was at a time when no TUE was required/allowed.

The rules have changed since those two incidents - there is now "wiggle room" for the athlete as prescribed by WADA.

If there isn't wiggle room the riders will not abuse it.

But as for the rest I am here for the memes..

e8fde105899c4ff1b2b9852a444f0b6e.jpg

And to finalise my sycophantism [emoji317]

Why stage 18? It wasn't even a mountain stage. 2 after the TT and 2 before the Angliru...makes no sense from a performance point of view. If salbutamol was so good it would have served him far better to be over the limit on 6 or 7 other stages.

Eh?

Stage 18

The momentum is once again with Chris Froome(Team Sky) at the Vuelta a España after he distanced Vincenzo Nibali (Bahrain-Merida) on the short final climb to Alto de Santo Toribio de Liébana on stage 18 to extend his lead atop the overall standings to 1:37.

ac038325ee50dd82224cfede58215af5.jpg

Chris Froome took advantage of growing fatigue among his main rivals as the Team Sky rider moved to a step closer to securing a Tour de France and Vuelta a Españadouble. The day after he lost 42 seconds to Vincenzo Nibali, a devastating late break on the road to Santo Toribio de Liébana saw Froome extend his lead over the Italian to 1min 37sec while Sander Armée took the stage 18 victory.

Edited by Gen

anyone here with medical knowledge if the amount that was found is any good for normal/asthma peeps, asking for friend :whistling:

The excretion of salbutamol and its metabolites varies hugely by individual so it would be hard to say in his case how far over the effective therapeutic level of the drug he took to get plasma levels high enough for relief from his asthma....not sure how they set the WADA limits but they would surely be way lower than the range found in a test "normal user" sample to ensure that no benefit is gained by taking even a small amount.....

Eh?

Stage 18

The momentum is once again with Chris Froome(Team Sky) at the Vuelta a España after he distanced Vincenzo Nibali (Bahrain-Merida) on the short final climb to Alto de Santo Toribio de Liébana on stage 18 to extend his lead atop the overall standings to 1:37.

ac038325ee50dd82224cfede58215af5.jpg

Chris Froome took advantage of growing fatigue among his main rivals as the Team Sky rider moved to a step closer to securing a Tour de France and Vuelta a Españadouble. The day after he lost 42 seconds to Vincenzo Nibali, a devastating late break on the road to Santo Toribio de Liébana saw Froome extend his lead over the Italian to 1min 37sec while Sander Armée took the stage 18 victory.

Grand Tour Handbook 101: A stage with a few 3s and a 2 is a "transitional stage". A mountain stage has some 1s....

post-2412-0-09270600-1513156151_thumb.png

Grand Tour Handbook 101: A stage with a few 3s and a 2 is a "transitional stage". A mountain stage has some 1s....

You not understanding it..

He lost 42 seconds the day before...

The day in question he gained a lot of time on his close rivals...all this while he was suffering from bad asthma ..

And to finalise my sycophantism  :devil:

Who's saying he wasn't...? 

These guys aren't tested every single day, they're also not necessarily tested inside the window when they would test positive.

I've supported Froome and defended people just saying they are doping because they are winning, but the house of cards from where I am standing is getting pretty wobbly. 

They're a "Landis" away from being Postal II

You'd really think they would be a little smarter on all this

Salbutamol abuse looks a lot like another one of their 'marginal gains'

Where does it end?