Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey.. Thomas is probably rethinking his statement of the other day.. he said he is looking for other options ns when his contract runs out at the end of 2018

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There is no positive doping violation for salbutamol as far as I know

Up to 1,000ng/ml no questions -over that and it's an adverse finding and you have to explain yourself to the UCI.

I see, I missed that part... let's see what he has to say though to the UCI.

He's properly over the limit (post ride nogal) and it's also a masking agent... so yeah, I'm not convinced in the slightest. I've defended him for a long time, but seems that might be a thing of the past. 

Let's see though

tbc

So sad.... there goes another hero

Think I’ll stick to the “post pics of your pets” thread in future

Be your own hero [emoji6]

Yeah its funny how many TOP winning professional sportspeople have asthma. strange that the midranked sportspeople dont seem to suffer from asthma tho...

Not really, any athlete can have the symptoms but journalist don't care about the middle-of-the-pack athletes with asthma. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1250269/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21702657

(Maybe the top athletes are in any case more inclined to suffer from Exercise Induced Asthma due to their intensive training programs?)

Google 'Exercise Induced Asthma' and you will see it is more prevalent than one might think.

Edited by Pieter-za

Be your own hero [emoji6]

Im hoping for a big break next year, keep watching the sports news next July Edited by SwissVan

Not really, any athlete can have the symptoms but journalist don't care about the middle-of-the-pack athletes with asthma. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1250269/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21702657

(Maybe the top athletes are in any case more inclined to suffer from Exercise Induced Asthma due to their intensive training programs?)

(Google 'Exercise Induced Asthma' and you will see it is more prevalent than one might think) 

why blue of all colours?

Hmmm

Clear and direct question RE med cond

Clear and direct answer RE med cond

Well, I wouldn't let my rivals know that I wasn't feeling well either.

If he had said he was not feeling well, race tactics would have completely changed from the other top contenders. Think about it...

Not much you take from that interview in my opinion.

Im hoping for a big break next year, keep watching the sports news next July

More pics with you know who...that will give you godlike status nevermind hero status. [emoji6]

I am under no illusion that the sport is 'clean', there is no way anyone can ride like the way they do, Sagan, Froome, Nibali, etc, etc without using performance enhancing substances, whether that be a gel a drink or something which is banned - not sure where that cut off is made.

I just think it should be allowed under controlled circumstances and we can all get over the 'cheating' perception and just enjoy the spectacle.

Cant wait for Classics Season and I don't care who is taking what, I just enjoy seeing them ride at unbelievable speeds and pushing each other harder each year.

Like Game of Thrones on bikes, everyone knows its bull but everyone enjoys watching it and relaying stories about it.

Just go away with your "let them dope" theory. This has been competently trashed on this forum before so I'm not going to do it again.

Well, I wouldn't let my rivals know that I wasn't feeling well either.

If he had said he was not feeling well, race tactics would have completely changed from the other top contenders. Think about it...

Not much you take from that interview in my opinion.

In isolation the interview is tame and routine

Within context of today's newsflash, it adds to the questions around the adverse finding

And to add to this, Wiggo's denial of TUE in his book... and then the leak which led to #jiffybag

Overdose of denial around the Sky bus.

Them fans are getting more restless.

Edited by 'Dale