Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Sky is using what is allowable to the max degree.

Dragging and stalling (so to speak) was a similar strategy in the The JiffyBag investigation with Wiggins despite serious gaps, questions and lies by Brailsford and co.

That ‘long game’ strategy has benefited them thus far.

Let’s see how this ends.

'using what is allowable to the max degree'

Now where have I heard this before ... Only difference being that the previous guy was a total chop personally as well?

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's kind of like cheating on a test, getting the answers before you take it and hoping no-one switched the test last minute[emoji23][emoji23]

It may not mean that he is recreating the Vuelta only preparing not to flunk a test[emoji6]

He will or he won't get off ..the sun will shine the next day and life goes on.. either way he is going to have a really tough time racing in Europe...mostly in France. .well at least for 2018[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheating a test, or practicing to pass? Do your kids not quiz each other before tests, use old exam papers to see what type of questions get asked etc.

I’m just offering an alternative point of view.

Don't you think dragging this out as long as possible is just as damaging for Sky as a unit...i don't think it's doing Froome much good by dragging it out?

They should make a call or take some stance on it asap to save what little face they have left.

I understand why would say that, but my question still stands. How is it bad for them? Honestly those who hate them will still hate them, those who support them will still support them. Not matter how they approach this people will stick to their opinions on them.

Froome getting a sanction is the only thing that can really do proper real world damage at the moment, they will do what they can to prevent that, our opinions don’t really matter that much in the greater scheme of things. The French threw piss at him long before this so that won’t change either....

Cheating a test, or practicing to pass? Do your kids not quiz each other before tests, use old exam papers to see what type of questions get asked etc.

I’m just offering an alternative point of view.

They prepare for their test so that they don't flunk when they take their tests. Seeing that Froome has a few issues he should've perhaps prepared for his test before he flunked it..what he is doing now is revision agyer he got the correvt answers and hopes that his marks will be better ????????

You asked me earlier what if is was Sagan.

Well the same applies to my kids.. when they mess up or break rules they may explain themselves but it doesn't mean there won't be consequences and they have to accept that but I will still love them.[emoji6]

Sky really should withhold Chris from racing until the storm clears ... there is a growing chorus from the big cheeses.

I understand why would say that, but my question still stands. How is it bad for them? Honestly those who hate them will still hate them, those who support them will still support them. Not matter how they approach this people will stick to their opinions on them.

Froome getting a sanction is the only thing that can really do proper real world damage at the moment, they will do what they can to prevent that, our opinions don’t really matter that much in the greater scheme of things. The French threw piss at him long before this so that won’t change either....

In the cycling world maybe.(support wise). Outside of the cycling world he is just another other cheating cyclist..and it won't matter if he gets a ban or not.

In the cycling world maybe.(support wise). Outside of the cycling world he is just another other cheating cyclist..and it won't matter if he gets a ban or not.

When did this shift to outside the cycling world. You are adjusting the argument to for reasons I don’t understand. If him getting a ban doesn’t matter outside th cycling, why would the way in which SKY is handling this matter outside the cycling world.

IN the cycling world Froome getting banned is probably the worst thing that could happen to SKY in the context of this discussion their whole team is built around him and his target races.

Sky really should withhold Chris from racing until the storm clears ... there is a growing chorus from the big cheeses.

Personally I feel the same, but that’s just a moral gut feeling. As a business and pro sports team I am not sure why they should? What good would happen if they do and what bad would happen if they don’t

When did this shift to outside the cycling world. You are adjusting the argument to for reasons I don’t understand. If him getting a ban doesn’t matter outside th cycling, why would the way in which SKY is handling this matter outside the cycling world.

IN the cycling world Froome getting banned is probably the worst thing that could happen to SKY in the context of this discussion their whole team is built around him and his target races.

When was this only in the cycling world..big names make big news all over...to the outside it is just another Sky rider involved in a doping scandal.

Just like this makes news outside the athletics world.. Russia + athletics = doping.. right isn't that to it goes.[emoji23][emoji6]

Check out @NPR’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NPR/status/954081458947219456?s=09

When was this only in the cycling world..big names make big news all over...to the outside it is just another Sky rider involved in a doping scandal.

Just like this makes news outside the athletics world.. Russia + athletics = doping.. right isn't that to it goes.[emoji23][emoji6]

Check out @NPR’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NPR/status/954081458947219456?s=09

Its never been about outside of inside the cycling world, you moved the goal posts to say that his ban wouldn’t matter outside the cycling world.

Ok, then let’s make it about outside the cycling world too.

My point is simple, Froome being banned is the worst outcome for SKY in this scenario, inside or outside the cycling world. How SKY is handling this is not ideal, but few outside of the cycling world give a toss, let alone understand how it’s being handled and why.

They are doing, whether you or ai agree with it or not, the things that is best for them as a team. They will not jeordise the sanctioning of their top rider to satisfy curiosity.

Like they did with Sergio Henao. 

Its never been about outside of inside the cycling world, you moved the goal posts to say that his ban wouldn’t matter outside the cycling world.

Ok, then let’s make it about outside the cycling world too.

My point is simple, Froome being banned is the worst outcome for SKY in this scenario, inside or outside the cycling world. How SKY is handling this is not ideal, but few outside of the cycling world give a toss, let alone understand how it’s being handled and why.

They are doing, whether you or ai agree with it or not, the things that is best for them as a team. They will not jeordise the sanctioning of their top rider to satisfy curiosity.

I think you misunderstood me...I think it does matter outside the cycling world....

Yes it would be very bad for Sky not only that the team and race schedule is built around him..but it couldn't have come at a worst time for Sky with the impending Disney takeover of fox which owns most of Sky, it's not like cycling make their sponsors huge amount of money...why would a corporation sponsor a team that have scandals and don't make them money.

Coming from a self confessed drug supplier to sportsmen and a very successful coach. Use it, dont use it.

post-734-0-20815500-1516340901_thumb.jpeg

Archived