Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

seems like we are all in the same situation.  I have also not lost this month, but rather gained a bit.  Sitting between 95 & 96.  Had the kids birthday party this weekend, as well as some cake and G&T.  From today I will do a bit of portion control again and try and up the exercise intensity a bit.  It feels like my body is settling in a bit after losing a lot during January.  If I can just get it to 94kg this month I will be happy.  The hardest part for me is not just giving up if I don't see results for a week or 2 even though I have still been eating well for most of it as well as training.  Time to dig deep.

Beginning of February seems to be a common problem period for most of us. Also up ,5 kg from my lowest of 98.5 kg on 7 February. Social engagements this weekend, missing my longer Saturday ride must have played a part. My goal of 94 kg at the end of February seems to be slipping away. Time to buckle down and focus!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a weird thing since around 10:00 on Friday morning where roughly every hour I get a sharp pain for about 2 or 3 seconds below my ribcage on the left and it disappears, and I also feel very full eating about a third of what I normally would.

I feel 100% besides the above.

Even went to the doctor on Saturday morning and they can't find anything wrong with me after prodding and poking and doing some tests.

The up side is this is fantastic for weight loss. haha

I've had a weird thing since around 10:00 on Friday morning where roughly every hour I get a sharp pain for about 2 or 3 seconds below my ribcage on the left and it disappears, and I also feel very full eating about a third of what I normally would.

I feel 100% besides the above.

Even went to the doctor on Saturday morning and they can't find anything wrong with me after prodding and poking and doing some tests.

The up side is this is fantastic for weight loss. haha

I have the same stabbing pain when walking down stairs fast . I also get when i move my arm very fast and the flesh /skin swings .( Its the only way i can explain it .  It feels as though my flesh is being torn away the bone ! . I had the same the last time i lost weight when getting back into cycling and also went to doctors for advise ( no explanation given ) Once you hit a goal weight and your body readjusts to it goes away . Carry on losing dont worry . 

How long do you need to be at your goal weight before tou can claim it...first time you see the number or only after a day or two?

I would say the first time you see the number [emoji51]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

How long do you need to be at your goal weight before tou can claim it...first time you see the number or only after a day or two?

We all now know that means you have seen it, and on behalf of the rest of us still going, "We hate you" haha :P

(Seriously though, well done on getting there)

If its the same symptoms as i had then it takes a few weeks / months to settle in . Im no doctor but i know mine went away without medical intervention  

First time and then celebrate with a cheat meal!

The running doing it's magic  ;) 

Weighing post exercise is kind of cheating as you can easily drop 2kg's in water on a hard run, so I would say you've officially hit your goal that scale shows your goal weight or less over the duration of a day?

Well done though, that didn't take you long  :thumbup:  

Edited by Andrew Steer

Didnt want to start  whole new thread for this...how cool would this be if all companies offered this kind of program....lot less fatties out there ;)

http://www.bosch-presse.de/pressportal/de/en/on-your-bike-%E2%80%93-bosch-offers-bike-leasing-to-more-than-100000-associates-143168.html

The corporate I work for falls under the same umbrella, I wonder if this is going to be extended to the rest of the 'family'..?

The running doing it's magic  ;) 

Weighing post exercise is kind of cheating as you can easily drop 2kg's in water on a hard run, so I would say you've officially hit your goal that scale shows your goal weight or less over the duration of a day?

Well done though, that didn't take you long  :thumbup:  

I never use weight post exercise.

Official weight for me is the morning before a cup of coffee.

Running did help for sure.

However I think it was the cutting of the chocolates, chips and sweets together with packed lunches instead of takeaways as well as a more healthy dinner.

I never use weight post exercise.

Official weight for me is the morning before a cup of coffee.

Running did help for sure.

However I think it was the cutting of the chocolates, chips and sweets together with packed lunches instead of takeaways as well as a more healthy dinner.

If only the Chiropractor would let me carry on running, yes, I am rather jealous :P

How much weight did you lose by the way?

5kg.

Yes it does not seem a lot but that was the goal.

I'm now below 70kg.

Shite, well I've got a tad more than 5kg to lose just to get into the 70's, well done.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80