Rapha Festive 500

eddy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done and dusted with 2 days to spare, now to crack open the beers.

Good job big guy! Mine also done, Still going to do an easy ride tomorrow and Monday just for 'fun' even though my legs are a tad weary.

Good job big guy! Mine also done, Still going to do an easy ride tomorrow and Monday just for 'fun' even though my legs are a tad weary.

Well done. Short ride for me tomorrow then if weather holds I'll do a longer MTB ride on Monday to end of the year and the challenge.

I found it quite manageable, only had 1 suffer ride on Boxing day where I swear I was sweating alcohol from having too many liqueur's on Christmas day.

Well done. Short ride for me tomorrow then if weather holds I'll do a longer MTB ride on Monday to end of the year and the challenge.

I found it quite manageable, only had 1 suffer ride on Boxing day where I swear I was sweating alcohol from having too many liqueur's on Christmas day.

I don't have a 'pink slip' for Christmas day rides so was a day short straight away but like you say set your mind to it and it's quite manageable.

375km down. Road ride tomorrow about 60km and then Lex memorial ride to finish off Rapha500 on Monday 31st. 

With longer days and warmer temps, it is really Rapha 1000 in the Southern Hemisphere hey ????

Just need a lekka chain gang to commit to it with me ????????????????

Done - came home this morning and discovered I needed 23km to go to finish -so went out again... this will piss #Eddy off....

I'm stuck on the wild coast with a SS MTB, no real road to speak of and with a strong wind blowing the seagulls out of the sky.

47 km to go...

Ticked the box as well, for the 3rd year running, each time and every kilometer, on the dual sus.....guess it helps if you only have one bike  :whistling:

Great way to build endurance, whilst also getting to meet fellow hubbers on the road, like Saturday when I formally met 'Dale, when both his roadie group and our MTB group, craved Franschhoek's croissants and coffee. Dikwiele, dunwiele, what does it matter, as long as we are all on two wheels, we share something special.

#Festive500 for the win

Ticked the box as well, for the 3rd year running, each time and every kilometer, on the dual sus.....guess it helps if you only have one bike :whistling:

Great way to build endurance, whilst also getting to meet fellow hubbers on the road, like Saturday when I formally met 'Dale, when both his roadie group and our MTB group, craved Franschhoek's croissants and coffee. Dikwiele, dunwiele, what does it matter, as long as we are all on two wheels, we share something special.

#Festive500 for the win

Thanx for rolling over and introducing yourself ????????

Lekka lekka ????????????????

Edited by 'Dale

:eek:

Current leader is an Australian who has clocked up 2098km. 

Local a Jhb guy has clocked 1487km ave 247.83km for 6 rides. 

:eek:

Current leader is an Australian who has clocked up 2098km.

Local a Jhb guy has clocked 1487km ave 247.83km for 6 rides.

I'm not sure I trust all the numbers I see, even on those monthly climbing and distance challenges ... Anyway probably just my cynical character