2017 Strava Stats

Duane_Bosch

Some say there’s nitros in his bidon

Some say he trains 3 times a day 4 times a week twice a month

Some say his bike has its own king size bed.

All we know is he goes by the name Spidey ????

Grapgat :lol:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Retirement can do that to a person ....7b8000f994b4d02fd85b7a371a16305b.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Speaking of retirement... I have a friend, a full time working mom...

She trained on 291/365 days in 2017, more than 900 hours of training.

Rode > 8000km (MTB) and ran > 4000km

Better go get one those pink blouses you hand out for yourself, and man up  :devil:  :eek:  :whistling:

Speaking of retirement... I have a friend, a full time working mom...

She trained on 291/365 days in 2017, more than 900 hours of training.

Rode > 8000km (MTB) and ran > 4000km

Better go get one those pink blouses you hand out for yourself, and man up [emoji317] :eek: :whistling:

I'm quite used to being beaten by ladies and school children, no surprise there [emoji41]

Scotty has my pink blouse on almost permanent loan though .....

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Pretty damn good for an oupa!

Found a pic..

A few years ago (2012) there was a 69 yr old "oupa" in our town that cycled something like 80'000km in 365 days. Subsequent to that i'm sure i read a year or so later that he increased it to 100'000km...now when you factor in the winter weather that very impressive on its own

Doubt he is on Strava so it probably does not count....  :oops:

Could only find this article in German

http://www.coopzeitung.ch/6389323

Google translation of 2012 article

"Around the world twice in 365 days 

Day after day, in wind and weather, Ruedi Zweifel (69) sits in the bike saddle for ten hours.  He will be covering more than 80,000 kilometers this year - a world record! 

A wild dog?  A spinner?  A masochist?  Or just not completely normal?  What is the name of a man who has set himself the goal of riding his bike up to 80 148 kilometers this year, theoretically driving around the Earth twice?  Ruedi Zweifel (69) grins, shrugs.  "I do not know," he says, "you're the journalist, you're in charge of the words." And then, after a hearty laugh, "I'm just an 'upper-extreme sick' -but I'm normal," . 
 In fact, sitting at the table of his favorite café, where he meets his colleagues for coffee every morning, is quite average.  Maybe a little less hair on the head than some others, maybe a little bit toned, maybe a bit fidgety.  Anyway, a satisfied man who has "laid his egg in life" and now enjoys his retirement, does what he pleases.  For 40 years he ran his own garage in Zug, worked a lot, but also did a lot of sports.  In the morning he got up at 4 o'clock, drove up 
 6 o'clock by bike through the night and then to work.  He resigned his lunch and saddled up his steel donkey instead, and when his colleagues made an exit that evening, he joined the party. 

The fidgetiness is easy to explain: Soon it is 10 o'clock, and around this time Ruedi Zweifel usually starts his second exit of the day.  He already has the first one behind him.  Like every day, he drove off at 5 o'clock - a glass of milk, a glass of magnesium-calcium-drink and a yoghurt in his stomach.  Three hours and 80 kilometers later he was closed again 
 Home.  "No, it was not fun," he admits.  No wonder, since yesterday evening it's pouring rain.  "Greetings from the top" have it, says Zweifel. 
 Over coffee, he usually discusses the upcoming second exit with his colleagues.  His coffee colleagues are also his cycling colleagues.  But in this weather, the friendship stops.  "When they see a cloud in the sky, they are limp," says Doubt.  Accompaniment would make his "work" easier, because he could rest in the slipstream, in three hours down his 100 kilometers, come home at 1 pm, drink another glass of milk, eat a beaberli and at 15 o'clock to his third exit set out. 
 But now the photographer demands his right to the shoot.  The first part is in doubt house over the stage, a villa actually with a fantastic view of Lake Zug - if it is not so obenabe shallow.  The journalist's vague suspicion as to who spends the entire amount of work described for a year every day might not be completely normal, seems to still occupy the extreme rider.  "You know, I would not be normal if I was fixated on the bike ride, if I could find all the other assholes and could not deal with my fellow man," he muses.  "But I'm not all that: I'm a sociable person, I like to be invited to dinner - then I do not have to cook myself - and I do not go home at 10 pm.  And I do not harm anyone. "As an example, Ruedi Zweifel talks about last Saturday when they celebrated the 60th birthday of a colleague.  "The others were tired at 11 pm because we were still on the bike in the afternoon, and I stayed until half past one." Three and a half hours later he was sitting in the saddle again. 

The fact is, if Doubt's goal for the year, which reaches 80,148 kilometers, he has to cover an average of 219 kilometers per day.  In terms of distance this means: once a week from Zug to Hamburg and back pedals.  So he does not have much reserve. 
 It is not doubt first world record attempt.  The first he succeeded in 2010: With his 44 000 kilometers, he exceeded the then best performance of the cycling pros Erik Zabel by 4000 kilometers.  But in the same year it brought a former elite amateur from South Tyrol even to 61 025 kilometers.  "When I found out about it, I said to myself, 'Well, doubt, now you have to go again, right.' 'He did - but haplessly: he first caught a shingles in May and was up to 40 Five weeks down.  "Sure, I rode a bike anyway, but I just did not like it." And when he was hit by a motorbike in September, injured by a fourfold pelvic fracture, a double pubic ram, and three cracked ribs, he broke his own Try - and launched on January 1, the new. 
 At the beginning of September this year, it surpassed the South Tyrolean, and at present it is around 78,000 kilometers long.  The second circumnavigation of the earth is within reach.  "Yes," says Zweifel, "that says so easily, but something happened quickly." 

December 31st is over.  What comes next, in the year of his 70th birthday, Ruedi Zweifel does not want to think about it yet.  "I'll think of something." - "What?" - "I do not know, but I've never raced the Race Across America." 

I'm quite used to being beaten by ladies and school children, no surprise there [emoji41]

Scotty has my pink blouse on almost permanent loan though .....

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Looking at your stats I'll have to hold onto it for a while. 

There is an old man here on JHB, think he rides with Club100, he must be 90, I have never been out for a ride in the cradle without seeing him. He would spank most of us!

Proper inspiration. Oh and he greets too for those who need that....

He might do that just to p!ss the youngsters off  :whistling: