2017 Strava Stats

Duane_Bosch

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got talked into doing it. The endless rain and mud at this year's Sani was hell. Camping is nasty at the best of times, especially for roadies like me but in the rain it was pure hell.

Rain last year was hectic indeed!! I remember it well...

Some additional numbers to view...

https://swinny.net/Strava/-4691-My-Strava-Eddington-Number

My lifetime value is currently 74, so that’s 74 rides of 74 miles or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I meant was that its hard to understand what it really means, apart from higher is better ?

Another number to measure yourself by.

Luckily, I don't have a power meter. That's another whole bunch of stats and numbers to be obsessed about.

What I meant was that its hard to understand what it really means, apart from higher is better ?

Another number to measure yourself by.

I don't think it is a number to measure yourself by, more a number to challenge yourself with.

I don't even think "higher is better" as it makes no comment on quality or timeframe within which the rides were done so as a training tool it is worthless. Most of my "progress" was made in 2012.

But as a motivation tool it may have value.

I see that I need one more ride longer than 67 km to raise my number by 1. Or if I lengthen my usual Saturday ride by 10 km, I can raise my number by 6  come April. I'll do that simply because  I can. (and being in the bottom 44% does just not feel right - although had I captured my youthful rides in Strava I would have scored much better) 

The site looks like it is still being developed but hold promise as a fun rather than training tool.

Only saw this thread now.  Here is mine.

post-71-0-07461200-1515058007_thumb.jpg

I have fairly mixed emotions about these stats.  Great as it is propably the best millage in a year for a long time.  What bothered me was only 105 active days and almost all my rides are commutes.  Only one long weekend ride for the whole year and a handfull of short rides on weekends.  The rest are all commutes.  So concidering that it was not too bad.  My target was 7500km for the year.  My mission this year is to up the commutes and get more weekend rides in.