Hijacking near Harties . . .

Bonus

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ai, I just don't know what we as South African are to do anymore. Just yesterday I heard 9 hikers were attacked in Kalk Bay by 2 guys - just attacked, nothing even taken.

I wish there was a solution for this sad state of affairs. Glad to hear these guys are okay though.

Oh FFS, sorry to hear man, glad you are ok!

It’s starting to become a “when” not “if” you get jacked or attacked.....

Not really a hijacking but im happy that they escaped with their lives and bikes!.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

This is just getting insane.

It was sadly that a long time ago! People are just waxing lyrical somewhat less

Robbery is robbery, but there seems to be an element of hate involved that is getting worse.

yeah that is the worrying part

Robbery is robbery, but there seems to be an element of hate involved that is getting worse.

Cyclists are such easy targets,

Its easier than robbing a vodacom shop because there is no security guards.

Cellphones at 10 to 20k a pop.

Bicycles at 20 to 100k a pop.

Huge secondary market for both.

Massive unemployment and widespread poverty in this country.

Not surprising really.

The violent attacks without motive may be attributable to drug related crime, especially in WC, with tik problems etc.

Unfortunately with the political situation and population growth curves as well as economic outlook for SA inc going forward, this picture is unlikely to change in a hurry.

To the OP, sorry to hear about this traumatic incident, glad you guys did not get hurt in any way, you can be thankful that you all came through it alive.

Can someone please pin drop the location on a map to see exactly where it took place.

Not a pleasant experience at all and sad that everywhere we go you are being watched and targeted by opportunistic low life thugs, and to top it off, it seems they take pleasure in their little power playes!

Glad the riders are unharmed.

Can someone please pin drop the location on a map to see exactly where it took place.

Not a pleasant experience at all and sad that everywhere we go you are being watched and targeted by opportunistic low life thugs, and to top it off, it seems they take pleasure in their little power playes!

Glad the riders are unharmed.

Nathrix, it happened between the 2 toll gates on the old N4 into Pta, opposite Saulsville

Nathrix, it happened between the 2 toll gates on the old N4 into Pta, opposite Saulsville

The toll booths have cameras, can't the number plates be traced?

Ai, I just don't know what we as South African are to do anymore. Just yesterday I heard 9 hikers were attacked in Kalk Bay by 2 guys - just attacked, nothing even taken.

I wish there was a solution for this sad state of affairs. Glad to hear these guys are okay though.

Be careful in using the " Grease_Monkey " nom de plume. There are some very learnered individuals amongst the Ladies-in-Red . All Cyclelab outlets could get thrashed.

The toll booths have cameras, can't the number plates be traced?

it doesn't mention they were in a car does it? The guys hide in the bushes... The same thing happened to me, minus the actual gun shots a few years back.. same place, I have heard of a few more incidents over the years on that return from the dam

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/136347-just-held-up-at-gun-point-on-tri-bike/?hl=held+up

That is actually a know area as far as security issues are concerned.  I remember that big groups have been attacked there.

The guys were hiding in the bush between the two lanes. In other words they launched their attack from the right hand side of the group. The group was quite aware of their surroundings focussed to the left. The three gentleman appeared from the right. A 9mm was brandished and used more than once by shooting into the tarmac. Cars passed but no one stopped. Sad state of affairs.

Archived