Jock Classic 2018??

LOOK695

Jock classic entries on their website now at R900 for the one day event.

Unbelievable, considering not so long ago it was R480, including meals, fleece jacket, and longsleeve shirt.

Jock tour is also on the same weekend, so Logistics are reduced considerably too.

Such a pity the costs keep skyrocketing, great event.

that's the sad part with the pricing structure! Just concerned about what is going on at ASG as the last I heard they changing the structure in the business. 

I can't remember that one did get a Fleece jacket. Do see we will still get with the classic entry breakfast and lunch, long sleeved jacket, High % supplements (sure the water bottle with a few supplements in) and tog bag service for those that do not have a support vehicle or family to help out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Came across this on the Book of Faces.

No word on the Classic though. I personally am going to wait until the last possible moment before entering, might just spare myself the admin of trying to get a refund if the Classic is also canned.

post-27827-0-32462000-1526131031_thumb.png

Came across this on the Book of Faces.

No word on the Classic though. I personally am going to wait until the last possible moment before entering, might just spare myself the admin of trying to get a refund if the Classic is also canned.

Got an official statement as reply to my question:

"After careful consideration and in an effort to provide participants with the best experience possible, ASG Events decided to cancel the Jock Tour and put all our focus on the hosting only the Jock Classic. We believe that we will be able to host a safer and more enjoyable event by focusing on the Classic only. We apologise for this inconvenience."

Got an official statement as reply to my question:

"After careful consideration and in an effort to provide participants with the best experience possible, ASG Events decided to cancel the Jock Tour and put all our focus on the hosting only the Jock Classic. We believe that we will be able to host a safer and more enjoyable event by focusing on the Classic only. We apologise for this inconvenience."

I just love marketing BS!!!

I need to still go and "FINISH THE BUSINESS" with The JOCK Classic - entered in 2012 and fell ill the day we were driving to Barberton to collect the numbers and could not dare to take a chance riding - was extremely disappointed   :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  one day again...will be back for sure!!!

Maybe 2019...

Wonder why it was cancelled. Not enough people keen to fork out the exorbitant entry fee?

Plenty people keen. At a price that delivers value for entrants (and not only for ASG).

So, I'll rephrase your comment (if you don't mind):

"Wonder why it was cancelled. ASG not keen to trim their profit margins to a level that delivers value to entrants?"

Plenty people keen. At a price that delivers value for entrants (and not only for ASG).

So, I'll rephrase your comment (if you don't mind):

"Wonder why it was cancelled. ASG not keen to trim their profit margins to a level that delivers value to entrants?"

Ok your version does sound better :thumbup:

well just more to suck wheel at this years Classic race lol

all to do with profits here but just glad that the Lowveld tour or old Clover tour will have a ladies cat oif they can have more than 20 

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I can't attend the Jock Classic this year anymore. Untimely flu and perhaps overestimating the amount of time I'll have to train while having a 6 week old baby has caused me to be way behind on training goals.

I don't like going into races underprepared and have thus pulled the plug on this one. I know the entries closed or are closing any day now. Not sure if they will be doing substitutions but if you are keen to get my entry at a reduced rate, let me know and I'll contact the organisers to explore options.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone do this on Saturday? Was my first, pretty tough climbing, nicely organized, thanks to the schools for the chow :thumbup: .... about those climbs  :wacko: …..

Credit where credit is due, the food at the Sabie stop was fantastic and the breakfast at Witrivier was also not bad...  For a change it actually felt like good value for money and I'll probably do this again next year.  Roads in that part of the country cannot be compared to anything close to Gauteng, it's an enjoyable route.

Ya was there, do it every year!!  Had pretty good race groups in AL.

Love it as it is always a test of your legs up spitzkop and long tom... but the run home to the stadium is always fast and furious if you are in a good group that works together... for me that is the highlight of the race!!

Food is always good and quite liked the shirt, better quality than previous years.

Will be back next year :)

Edited by shaper

It was my first Jock as a rider. The Lowveld is truely beautiful. The Spitzkop and Long Tom climbs are magnificent. Very different to the norm. The long steady climbs are best conquered at a steady heart rate.

The food was good, especially the lunch.

I would really like to ride the Jock next year again.