Mark Cavendish

pista

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the full clip on YouTube. He flew some distance!

He never saw that barrier and hit it at full speed.

There should have been a marshal to warn the riders.

that is a spectacular crash.

the universe is trying to tell him something...

hope the TdF judiciary are watching.

Hi I may not be the biggest fan of Cav but no cyclist should experience a crash like he did the race organizers should explain y this obstacle wasn't marshalled. Speedy recovery dude.

Just watched the full clip on YouTube. He flew some distance!

Which is why it was an horrendous crash to witness live, hey B. The way he was lying on the ground afterwards had me worried. According to hubber Gen in the Classics thread only another broken rib and a few minor injuries iirc. Cav is having a run of rotten luck this year.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Imagine the kind of forces in play for him to uncleat like that.

not really........we non professionals fall all the time and mostly silly incidents. Very seldom we aren’t uncleated even at the slightest fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He never saw that barrier and hit it at full speed.

There should have been a marshal to warn the riders.

The other 164 riders saw it. Then again he also didn’t see the pothole.

The other 164 riders saw it. Then again he also didn’t see the pothole.

Yes, after he pointed it out to them so clearly ...

True that coppi  :lol:

He uncleated from his left foot

But his right foot actually came out of his shoe - I think his shoe is still attached to the pedal! - Hows that!?

not really........we non professionals fall all the time and mostly silly incidents. Very seldom we aren’t uncleated even at the slightest fall

Not so sure about that.

If you are using a race pedal, like say a keo blade, then the force required to pop out without involving a sideways action is massive. The bike tends to stay with you unless the there is a sideways motion to the fall. And even then. 

True that coppi  :lol:

He uncleated from his left foot

But his right foot actually came out of his shoe - I think his shoe is still attached to the pedal! - Hows that!?

Didn't see that myself, but if so it explains the damage to his ankle. I've tried kicking off a shoe without undoing it first (due to laziness) and it just doesn't happen. Some force required to suck a foot out of a done-up shoe.

Didn't see that myself, but if so it explains the damage to his ankle. I've tried kicking off a shoe without undoing it first (due to laziness) and it just doesn't happen. Some force required to suck a foot out of a done-up shoe.

i also did not notice his shoe still attached to the pedal [emoji15].......flip

I'm the first to say 'accidents happen' but it's not a great start to the season for Cav' and a crash in his last 3 race days isn't exactly setting up the season well. I watched the footage again and while I think there should have been a marshal on that bit of road furniture I can't see why Cav' cut across following the EF - Cannonade rider. If he'd stayed on his line it would have been tight but there was enough room on the left. Nasty crash but good that he's not worse off.