Mark Cavendish

pista

Maybe those haters should look at the charity work he does/is part of behind the scenes when not racing....

One can be a dirty rider on the bike and a good person off the bike, they are not mutually exclusive. 

He gets kudos for the charity work, it comes with the territory.

He get uphill for his riding and moaning, it comes with the territory.

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One can be a dirty rider on the bike and a good person off the bike, they are not mutually exclusive. 

He gets kudos for the charier work, it comes with the territory.

He get uphill for his riding and moaning, it comes with the territory.

Cavendish is a very confident and bold person and his riding (sprinting) shows exactly that..

That  is probably the main reason why he is so often involved in crashes..... but also why he has won 30 TdF stages + many other races both on track and on the road..

Sprinters are often not mainstream....a bit like drummers in rock bands or goalkeepers in football.... 

Cavendish is a very confident and bold person and his riding (sprinting) shows exactly that..

That  is probably the main reason why he is so often involved in crashes..... but also why he has won 30 TdF stages + many other races both on track and on the road..

Sprinters are often not mainstream....a bit like drummers in rock bands or goalkeepers in football.... 

Oh absolutely. Look people are different, and people see other people's difference differently too.

One person's "confinement and bold" could easily be seen by another person as "arrogant and brash"... 

Lekker thing about people, we all see the world differently :)

Cav's fractured some spare ribs in that crash

Eish

Edited by 'Dale

Cav is cocky but he is interesting. Gives people something/someone to talk about. He is not a doper and he has balls. Good for cycling in general and like Patch said we all different and we all see things differently.

I find Cav an interesting character and I'm not that great a fan of Sagan. 

I don't dislike Sagan and will be the first to acknowledge how good he is. It's just a personal thing like Patchelicious said.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow and he managed another spectacular crash :eek:

Maybe he is realizing that he is getting on so its easier to crash out then not win the stage  :whistling:

Hoping that nothing is broken and he heals up soon.

Me too. Horrible horrible crash that.

Hope the other riders that crashed are okay too.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

That was one serious endo.

Not that I'm an expert, but possibly leaving the bike behind like that was a good thing? Tuck n Roll?